LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

57%
  [ 4 ]  57%

42%
  [ 3 ]  42%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:41 pm
Yeah, I’m not supposed to counter Zoo creatures. I’m supposed to play big creatures to stop the Zoo and then counter their burn spells which only come one per turn Very Happy

The problem with cytoshape I’ve been having is "in response, I lightning helix/char/shock/last gasp" and it ends up killing my card advantage. It’s really frustrating to have that happen, and I’d rather leave my mana open for counterspells.

Long story short, I can’t think of a stable situation where I care about cytoshape more than a counterspell or bomb.

As for targetting KoTnT, it’s choose, not target, if only he weren’t legendary.
Ilvaldi
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:57 pm
My bad, didn’t really see that right there. d'oh!
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:00 pm
Nobody’s written here in a while. This IS a june article!
Osion
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:09 am
Hey, computer’s back after I rummaged around it a little bit. Saw some blue smoke from my router again but that’s another story entirely.

I’m still not convinced on the Ninja of Deep Hours. Ideally, he replaces himself, and hopefully nets +1 card by swinging twice.

However, is that chance worth retracting your turn one accelerator?

You currently would want to return the following because the rest of your stuff is worth more than ninja in play. And I don’t think you need my advice to say that Vinelasher Kudzu is a bad ninja-carrier.

Birds of Paradise
Llanowar Elves
Sakura-Tribe Elder

They all offset your early acceleration. Of the three, only BoP is not stopped by a turn one Kird Ape or Plagued Rusalka or Isamaru. Heck, I’d trade my turn one 1/1 for a piece of my opponent’s acceleration anyday!

Your second point, trading it "in a suicide" with an Isamaru the next turn, is a little odd. If you turn 2 nijutsu and turn 3 trade, then you’ve gained:

+2 damage
+1 card drawn in attack
+1 dead opposing Isamaru

you’ve lost

turn 1 accelerator (back in hand)
Ninja of Deep Hours
Combined investment of a 2-drop and a minimum of 3 mana.

not really worth it, IMO.

The one time I saw the ninja in action was in a WWu deck, where they had 4x Lantern Kami, 4x Suntail Hawk, 4x Savanhah Lions and 4x Isamaru as ninjutsu enablers.
T2_Fr33K
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:46 am
This looks good except they should block kodama or try to kill him otherwise, so four copies is good, and ninja of Deep Hours seems a little bit.. uh... slow. Plaxy frogs look much sweeter. Jittes maindeck may also substitute for the too-expensive Keiga. I think both SSS and Keiga may be too slow here.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:35 pm
As for the ninja, I understand your point completely about getting rid of that lovable turn one acceleration. But let me just ask you this, Osion, if I draw a card, did I really just lose a ninja of Deep Hours or trade him? It looks to me like I end up with no cards lost for a dead one of theirs, plus a bit of damage in the process. Doesn’t sound half bad to me for slowing down agro, but perhaps there is a better way. I just don’t know of any. I think agro will be agro, no matter what I do. Remember, as well, that kudzu is my 2-drop of choice, the nin. of DH is there mainly for against control, where drawing an extra card for a couple turns can really make a difference. Against agro, if I can last long enough, I’ll outpower them anyway.

Woot! Now I’m posting from wireless in Cleveland (previous posts from the Ohio/Indiana border and from St. Louis). College visits aren’t really that bad!
ure_d_best
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:08 am
Hey Grail the beats look solid. Could you possibly see some on option for Ninja of the deep hours. I’m not convince of the Ninja and may decrease a bit of your tempo. The card draw is not much of an issue as you have all the beating already.

Another thing in question is your lands in the deck, why is there 25 lands and 37 non-lands, total of 62 cards in the deck. Any reason for this?

Can you see how this play out with U/R magnivore, packing pyroclasm and wildfire? What we can do against this match up. We have U/G beats in our metagame and similar to your beat, but never at least 1 win against the Vore deck and Vore deck is evolving more now in our area. I’d like to try playing deck in our area if I am convince having good match against Vore.

Other than this, great stuff Grail. Go beats Wink
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:20 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
You going to college? Studying what? Just curious. I still don’t think this deck will last against, say, a Boseiju’ed Wildfire? Don’t think you’d be able to outpower a deck playing like this, and even the Ninja wouldn’t make a difference, drawing cards or not.
I don't like YOU.
BrianBoitano
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:48 pm
I like the deck, but I don’t think it’s terribly original. Sorry I don’t have enough time to do a full review
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:26 pm
its cool bonito. Now I remember why I needed the Keigas- a single keiga beats wildfires to dust. the reason I’m not overly worried about fires is they’d need to draw boseiju and acceleration to be alive before trigger, and I can just throw down just about any creature for the win after firing. They slow themselves down with land with fires as well, not just I.

True, though, fires is one of the tougher matchups. Fires with boseiju is the only effective way I’ve found to deal with Kodama aside Wrath with the Bos.

As for college, I’m actually a rising senior in my high school, I was just out looking at colleges (Washington U. of St. Louis, Case Western Reserve, Earlham, Carnegie-Mellon)

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest