LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Digital Iceman
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:58 am
Hi everybody! here is my first post and I’ll try to do it well
my strongest fellowship deck is Knight but sometimes, you couldn’t say why, Castamir or some pesky nazgûls do the job of six turn in one!
This is a full companion deck (with the new Elendil, High-King of Gondor coming soon!)
The ring-bearer:
Isildur, Bearer of Hearlooms 9R+33
The one Ring, the ring of rings 11R1

Adventure path:
Woody End 11S266
Bucklad Homestead 11S230
Anduin Banks 11U227
Pelenor Flat 11S254
Slag Mounds 11S258
Neeker’s Breeker’s Bog 11S249
Trollshow Forest 11S260
City of Kings 13U187
North Undeep 11S250

Starting:
Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon 5R31
Turgon, Man of Belfalas 5U42

Free Peoples (35)
1- Scroll of Isildur 9R36
1- Narsil, Blade of the Faithful 9R+34
1- Elendil, High-King of Gondor 13R65
1- Anduril, Flame of the West 7R79
2- Aragorn, Captain of Gondor 7C81
1- Garrison of Gondor 8R36
1- Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth 8R37
1- Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath 11R57
1- Faramir, Defender of Osgiliath 8C34
4- Drawing his eye 10R29
3- Fourth level 8C35
3- Fifth level 10U32
2- Sixth level 8U44
1- Stone Tower 5R39
1- Citadel of the Stars 5C32
4- Sapling of the White Tree 9R35
3- Gondor Bow 7U94
2- Knight’s Mount 8C40

Shadow side
4- Captured by the Ring 7C53
1- Gollum, Dark as Darkness 9R+28
2- Out of sight&shot 7R204
2- Flung into the Fray 8U71
1- Shadow on the East 13R180
4- Morgul Whelp 7U202
4- Morgul Brute 7R188
4- Morgul Destroyer 7U190
2- Ulairë Lemenya, Assaling Minion 7R213
2- Ulairë Otsëa, Seventh of the Nine Riders 11R224
2- Ulairë Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders 11S222
2- Ulairë Cantëa, Black Assassin, 12R174
1- Gorbag, Covetous Captain 10R59
4- The Witch-King, Black Lord 12R183

Fellowship: This is good for fight! But any Shadow based on corruption (Orc or Enduring Nazgûl) never double move: let your shadow part shows them what is good! Very Happy
the deck is built with 8eight companion to draw his eye (remove any Enquëa, Thrall of the one or Black Assassin and any good drop) the Knight’s Mount is awesome on Aragorn and Elendil (damage+1 or kill a fierce minion) Imrahil is here to help this job. Turgon+Fifth level = Greenleaf!
Boromir is your healer, nothing more: put a bow on him and you’ll have good reasons for skirmish. Faramir is so good (I’ll go back on him soon)
Don’t make your Garrison die without being Defender+1 ...
Shadow: A morc side, classic (because knights have trouble sometimes, so a good shadow kill is better than Isildur Corrupt even with 12Resistance!)

Give me your point of view about my deck and my questions:
Faramir, our defender, would you put another one?
Could you reduce the number of card in this deck?(35 without any card drawing ability is ...suicide!)
What about the new conditon: Storied Homestead?
Any other better site?
the choice of the Witch-king is mine: If this is the only nazgûl in your hand, he can be a first drop to be spot by brute/destroyers/Angle/out of sight&shot/buckland Homestead. The free exertion is not that bad===> more threat/burden and win the game with gollum in regroup!
Gorbag is awesome too but is it better another Shadow on the East?

Thank you for reading my topic (I hope my english is good enough!)
A bientot
Captains never fall!
dexterngo
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:03 pm
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 60 Location: Manila, Philippines
storied homestead is good if you can add tokens to it. it cancels Enqy toto, castamir and most especially nelya's site-changing tricks.

other than changing sites at 2 and 5, i think Anduril FOTW is not really useful to the deck, since you got only 2 aragorns.. might clog your hand - down to 34

no need to add a faramir

take 2 saplings out

and why are you not using Catapult???

4 WK is too much. take 1 out
not really impressed with Gorbag or 1 out of site and shot, ur choice

so thats 33/33

what you think?

Very Happy
Do or do not, there is no try
Digital Iceman
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:22 am
hi Dex (may I?)
thank you so much for your help! and I'll take some of your piece of advice but not all Laughing
The Anduril is so wonderfull: and Artifact to spot (and corsair won't take it out) +2str is not bad but +1pv is usefull (Archery, Threats...) and damage+1 to kill a brute and **** the Flung into the fray!

Sapling is not that strong, you're right.
Catapult is a too hasardous card, I've tried it and ...! It was a based deck on catapult, and it's better now. tell me how you use yours (because I got some I can't trade Cool )

Tell me more on how using this spoiler: Storied Homestead (I dream it got the Fortification Keyword Twisted Evil ) A knight deck is weak on burden (and Boromir is 5 resistance!) I just can hope having Elendil H-KoG to put son 8 tokens with no burden and 9 companions! (If that on board, I think anybody drop Very Happy )

Now on the shadow part: I'm going to listen to you about the King & Gorbag
The Witch-king is needed in the early game for his exerting ability, don't you think? Out of sight&shot is for exertion, to spot when playing Shadow on the East and to play the last nazgul at the good time.

I enjoy sharing your idea and my deck
see you Dex
Captains never fall!
hblika
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:42 am
I'd drop 1 copy of Aragorn for an extra copy of Boromir. Boromir is easily *the* most important companion in a Knight deck. Give him a bow and a Banner of Westernesse and you have a healing machine going. With Turgon, Sixth Level, the Bows and Stone Tower you will be exerting A LOT, so good healing is a must in such a deck.

I definately agree with dex on using Catapult. Extra cycling is always a good thing, it's really the only condition removal tool available without splashing Gandalf.

And how about putting a Strong and Old in there?
Digital Iceman
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:12 am
hey! that's cool you guys take time for my topic!

about the banner, the deck is an impressive engine, but I was going to try the deck without card of the TT (because of this stupid rotation!) except for the starting. You're right hblika, banner+boromir is the knight deck!

Strong&old is a piece of crap: a card for other cards that do nothing when played Confused
I'll try the catapult back but the size of the deck is important, 33/33 is going to kill me! 35/35 is better but more?
thanks
Captains never fall!
hblika
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:31 am
I think Strong and Old is an excellent card! Playing your forts cheaper is pretty good, IMO. And it's secondary ability is tech against besiegers.
dexterngo
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:40 pm
hehe i forgot about anduril, yeh its good for the deck

i agree with hblika, stong & old is a nice card for you deck
boromir can be a healing machine

Storied Homestead is a conditon where you can put tokens on.
it has a response that when your opponent's minion uses its special ability, you can remove 2 token to cancel

take note: it's a RESPONSE Razz
Digital Iceman
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:31 am
KILL THOSE NASTY BESIEGERS!
gondor men can do it, so... take out din of arms with drawing his eye.
Strong&old isn't a fortification be itself, so it's not that strong (but old)
I'm sure you've tried it as I did, but Boromir/banner/bow is the best idea for this deck.

about storied homestead, I think this is a new game breaker that is going to be bucklanded Cool but perhaps it save some fortifications.
Captains never fall!
dexterngo
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:00 am
Digital Iceman wrote:
hey! that's cool you guys take time for my topic!

about the banner, the deck is an impressive engine, but I was going to try the deck without card of the TT (because of this stupid rotation!) except for the starting. You're right hblika, banner+boromir is the knight deck!

Strong&old is a piece of crap: a card for other cards that do nothing when played Confused
I'll try the catapult back but the size of the deck is important, 33/33 is going to kill me! 35/35 is better but more?
thanks

no problem Laughing

but i got to say that tournament level knight decks usually had 1 or 2 strong & old

IMHO Very Happy
Digital Iceman
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:12 am
hum...
what about this card: just play your best cards -1twilight
while playing a full companion deck with toys like boys or mount and banners, you don't care about giving 1or 3more twilight no? Rolling Eyes
please tell me what you think, because there is no other shadow side that is going to take control of sites except from Besiegers (and 2fortifications is high paid!)
at this time, I'll have to build a Fortification deck with at least 10of them!
but why not Cool
Captains never fall!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard