LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Cobra
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:44 am
Losing They Stole It will be a big blow for Gollum decks... I'm sure you'll still see him quite a bit as an accessory, but I think the "Ninja Gollum" deck won't be too viable anymore.

I've seen lots of versions of the solo (or almost-solo) Smeagol deck, some of which didn't even use Don't Look At Them and still did pretty well. IMO, the Smeagol Fellowship will stick around for a while.

Pharanzar -- If you don't mind a small amount of email spam, make sure you're signed up for the LOTR TCG newsletter, so you'll know as soon as those cards you're looking for are restocked. Smile
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
dexterngo
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:51 am
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 60 Location: Manila, Philippines
anyone want to try make a solo smeagol deck without dont look at them?
Do or do not, there is no try
Grashopper
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:53 am
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 44 Location: Schalbruch, Germany
dexterngo wrote:
with the upcoming rotation of Don't Look at Them and They Stole It?, do you still see a future for Smeagol and Ninja Gollum Decks in the Standard format?

what cards can replace them??

reprints are possible, but you may start to see the dissappearance of the ninja gollum deck. Part of the evolution of the game, I suppose. I certainly won't be crying over the loss of Ninja Gollum or Solo Smeagol..
dexterngo
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:41 pm
Grashopper wrote:
dexterngo wrote:
with the upcoming rotation of Don't Look at Them and They Stole It?, do you still see a future for Smeagol and Ninja Gollum Decks in the Standard format?

what cards can replace them??

reprints are possible, but you may start to see the dissappearance of the ninja gollum deck. Part of the evolution of the game, I suppose. I certainly won't be crying over the loss of Ninja Gollum or Solo Smeagol..

sadly Crying or Very sad
hblika
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:04 am
Luckily we have expanded format Very Happy
Digital Iceman
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:02 am
Hi everybody, the frenchy is back

Don't despair with the rotations, we just keep the best cards we need (euh... Stinker I said! crap!)
But the "they stole it" isn't gone away: we have the frenzied attack! the gollum red wrath with some burden + promise keeping, this is an exhausted ring bearer and a dead companion (except with Sapling on table)
Mad thing fierce+not yet vanquished assure the burdens (one, two or three?)and shelob to put dirty guys away. The Incited is too strong: but everyone prefer keeping back Nasty or any Horribly Stong (or better?)
I think that Ninja gollum will not die with rotations, the game will be different but he's going to be dreadful! The best card is going to be Web(because of We must have it will fade) Stak your gollum, kill an unbound guy with Horribly strong (and with bloodlines play little Snuffer or Wild Light of Madness) spot him with shelob and let the party begin!

In my Ninja gollum, I don't play 4xPromise Keeping and, because I don't play Sauron any more, I take out Fat one wants it.
Let play chasm Edge !

What about Trap is sprung to had some burdens? (to trigger frenzied attack)
Captains never fall!
dexterngo
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:06 am
trap is sprung will be combined with morgul orc swarm with gollum DaD.

have u seen Wild light of madness?? its a great card
syndrome
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:31 pm
Hey, I know I’m doing a major thread necro, but I have a question.

First, I’d like to know if adding x3-4 it’s mine would be good for this deck, notice that I’ll be matching it with a solo smeagol freeps side.

Also, I’d like to know what cards you’d suggest to drop if I wanted to take her down to 32 cards.

Thanks,
Phazanzar
http://myspace/delicatesituation
Cobra
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:31 am
Phazanzar wrote:
First, I’d like to know if adding x3-4 it’s mine would be good for this deck, notice that I’ll be matching it with a solo smeagol freeps side.

With this build you’ll be using one or two of Gollum’s vitality points for Incited (much more important since you choose what card to grab.) So use of It’s Mine would be somewhat limited... still, could be worth a try for the early-game setup value.

Phazanzar wrote:
Also, I’d like to know what cards you’d suggest to drop if I wanted to take her down to 32 cards.

First of all, remember that this Shadow ideally discards 6 cards a turn with They Stole It, so make sure you give yourself enough cards to last through the endgame. (Depends on your playstyle and any other cycling cards you have -- if you made a version with card-drawing via It’s Mine, for example, I’d keep it at 35 a side at least.)

Anyway, for a 32-card decklist I’d suggest removing 1 We Must Have It, 1 Shelob, and 1 Fat One Wants It.
Last edited by Cobra on Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:59 am; edited 1 time in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Hazael
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:37 am
Phazanzar, are you thinking about making that ninja gollum deck again?
The one you keep talking about to go with your solo smeagle.

Cobra, I think phazanzar enjoys decking-out lol.
But even though he decked out at site 7? last game, he still ended up winning. Rolling Eyes He decks-out every game.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard