LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Shadows
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:29 am
--- description ---
This is my first attempt at making an Uruk-Hai Berserker deck.
--- end description ---

Shadow:32

Minions:
4x Lurtz, Minion of the White Wizard
4x Berserk Slayer
4x Berserk Savage
4x Berserk Butcher
Possesions:
4x Broad Bladed Sword
Events:
4x Sack of the Shire
2x Ferocity
Conditions:
2x Battering Ram
2x Devilry of Orthanc
2x Greed

OK, i’ve always wanted to make a berserker deck,but have no idea what the aim of it really is. with this deck, your strategy is to play the various berserkers and use the machines to get them wounded. then using the battering rams damage +1 and the exertions from the devilry beat up their companions.

Sack of the Shire is awesome, as then your berserkers come back for another round. Greed is companions control. Lurtz is just great, as with all the damage + and exertions, they should have plenty of exhausted companions, making him a beast.

Ferocity is there for winning against the big guys (e.g. pumped Durin)

Broad Bladed Swords protect my minions from wounds till I have enough tokens for the butcher to kick in, or if i don’t have a butcher.

so is this the right idea for a berserker deck? or even if i have missed the point complteley does it look like a competitve deck?

will probably be paired with Last Alliance or Dwarves.
valkir
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:08 am
I think it’s a good deck, but you have to bear in mind that Sack of the Shire won’t work with your Lurtz. I’d consider putting in Lurtz’s Battle Cry, it proves being useful, especially in a berserk-kind of deck. The Broad Bladed Sword is a great choice, and actually makes this deck a difficult one to play against.

If I were you, I’d choose dwarves for the free peoples side, focusing on 3 companions (Gimli BoG, Durin, Uri) with many possessions and conditions giving them many damage bonuses. With cards like Delving or Book of Mazarbul you can increase card rotation, which will surely help you with getting all the shadow cards needed on the table. Good luck
valkir
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:09 am
sorry for double-post error, please delete this one.
Shadows
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:01 am
Forgot about that with Lurtz. Ok,how about this?

Minions:
4x Lurtz, Minion of the White Wizard
4x Berserk Slayer
4x Berserk Savage
4x Berserk Butcher
Possesions:
4x Broad Bladed Sword
Events:
4x Lurtz’s Battle Cry
2x Sack of the Shire
Conditions:
2x Battering Ram
2x Devilry of Orthanc
2x Greed
hblika
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:37 am
I’m no expert on Uruk-hai berserker decks, but have a couple of opinions for you...

You need more cheap(er) minions for the early sites. The Uruk-hais that add tokens to machines when they are played are a good choice. All your minions are quite expensive, and you can’t do a thing if the fellowship chokes even the slightest.

Battering Ram and Lurtz’s Battle Cry are a waste of space, IMO. With Devilry of Orthance and Berserk Slayer, you really don’t need a lot of damage bonuses. The damage +1 they already have, will be enough to kill companions.

I wouldn’t use Greed either. Allthough it’s a great card, not many players use more than 5 companions in expanded format. If you want crowd control, add in a couple of Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul instead.

Another card that would be a great fit, is Siege Engine. You don’t want your Devilry of Orthanc, with a bunch of tokens on it, to be discarded. It also lets you add tokens to Devilry of Orhtanc when you play the berserkers Smile

Lurtz is a cool minion, but doesn’t really fit with your theme. I’d drop him as well.

So, I’d drop:
4 x Lurtz
4 x Lurtz’s Battle Cry
2 x Battering Ram
2 x Greed

Add:
1 x Devilry of Orthanc
2 x Siege Engine
4 x Uruk Sapper
3 x Uruk Engineer
2 x Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul

You might also consider dropping a copy each of the berserkers. They are unique, and will likely clog your hand a bit. Maybe drop a copy each of the Slayer and the Butcher, and add 2 copies of Assault Ladder instead (another card to add tokens to, and a strength boost as well).
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:23 am
Good advice hblika. I did have a berserker deck and I played 4 sappers and 4 Engineers. If you want to keep one Lurtz it won’t hurt but four is overkill. Other than that he gave good advice.
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
valkir
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:33 am
I thought about adding Lurt’z Battle Cry to give them yet more damage, as sometimes it’s required to kill a companion.

I like the idea of putting in Enquea, it gives this deck a strong power-up.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:50 pm
Assault Ladder is a must for decks like this. Berserkers are powerful, but to take on Durin or Cirdan they will still need a strength boost.

Doesn’t sack of the shire only work with controlled sites? Think
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:53 pm
valkir wrote:
I think it’s a good deck, but you have to bear in mind that Sack of the Shire won’t work with your Lurtz. I’d consider putting in Lurtz’s Battle Cry, it proves being useful, especially in a berserk-kind of deck. The Broad Bladed Sword is a great choice, and actually makes this deck a difficult one to play against.

If I were you, I’d choose dwarves for the free peoples side, focusing on 3 companions (Gimli BoG, Durin, Uri) with many possessions and conditions giving them many damage bonuses. With cards like Delving or Book of Mazarbul you can increase card rotation, which will surely help you with getting all the shadow cards needed on the table. Good luck

I agree, pairing Dwarves with this is a very good choice, i recommend, however, that instead of Uri, you use Gloin, Son of Groin, he can really help you cycle.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Assault Ladder is a must for decks like this. Berserkers are powerful, but to take on Durin or Cirdan they will still need a strength boost.

Doesn’t sack of the shire only work with controlled sites? Think

definitly assualt ladder

no you can still make them fierce.

a siege engine fo 2 would be a good idea for tokens.

maybe even 3.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded