LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
david_robertson
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:08 am
Yeah, Conor, I think that small butterfly thing is supposed to be one of the Istari - guess the Decipher guys didn't want to waste time and money to create new characters:) No matter though, the new cards are cool Laughing
But I have to admit that I don't like the new Ring-bearers - they're not that good.
The new Elves RULE Wink
East Stirling FC RULES!!!
Grashopper
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:00 am
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 44 Location: Schalbruch, Germany
I played someone playing a well thought-out Sam RB deck online. He basically started Sam, Smeagol, Bilbo, and Frodo, I believe, and the whole concept revolved around using ring-bound driven cards and using burden adding/removal to his advantage. Was an interesting setup, but took a while to get going, from what I saw. I think his shadow side clogged his hand, though, so maybe that was part of it..
syndrome
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:14 pm
The new RB's stink... if you ask me. Sam could be useful, but If I'm going with a lil guy, I'd go frodo and play Great Elf Warrior, as you have to corrupt x2 the hobbits to win...

I also don't like the fact hobbits now have 3 RBs, and rohan still has 0. I don't like rohan very much, but still, they should get one.

I'm liking those new Gondor cards though ^_^

About the moths:
http://forums.fanhq.com/viewtopic.php?t=47576 wrote:
Eldarion_Son_of_Elessar wrote:
Why does moths represents the wizards?
MikeGirard wrote:
the conceptors decided that this would be a nice way to pay homage to the wizards that have been in tolkien lore.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
JDRobinson
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:36 pm
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Warner Robins, GA - USA
Shocked Looks like the moth case is closed. Cobra was right. Wink
"Quenuvalye i lamber Eldareva"

-Thou canst speak the tongues of the Elves.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:12 am
I like to think of the moths as the link between Gandalf and the other Wizards, meaning that Radagast, Alatar, and Pallando all have little moth servants that they send around to gather information and stuff.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
freedo
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:55 am
i dont know about the moths, but i think pallando is freakin' awesome. and i like sam and i have an idea for a pretty good hobbit/gandalf/gondor deck. i think gandalf is stupid.HE CAN CURRUPT HIMSELF AT SITE 3 Laughing
Cobra
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:25 pm
His eyes flashed and his face was lit as by a fire within. ... "Do not tempt me! I dare not take it, not even to keep it safe, unused. The wish to wield it would be too great for my strength. I shall have such need of it..."

-- LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
david_robertson
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:37 pm
Brilliant reply, Conor, you rule! Cool Indeed it is logical for Gandy to fear the ring and not to be a RB Wink
JDRobinson
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:23 pm
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Warner Robins, GA - USA
Yeah nice Coner, very close to what he said in the movie-- "...But through me, it would wield a power to great and terrible to imagine." I knew that a R.B. Gandalf was going to be dangerous. Twisted Evil
"Quenuvalye i lamber Eldareva"

-Thou canst speak the tongues of the Elves.
david_robertson
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:30 am
I am honoured to be a member of the same forum alongside with such great lore and quote masters like you guys Wink

'It recalled me the glory of the Elder Days and the hosts of Beleriand, so many great princes and captains were assembled.'

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion