LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » War of the Ring Block
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:47 pm
Orkish Smith x4
Mocking Goblin x4
Isengard Underling x4
Porter Troll x2
Goblin Hordes x4
Bound to its Fate x4
Unforgiving Depths x4
The Beckoning Shadow x1
Abiding Evil x2
Dread and Despair x2
Forced March x2

33 Cards total. I know it looks short on minions but once you get a few in the discard pile you can control the path with unforgiving depths and keep replacing the site with your undergrounds. Make sure that you pair it with a deck with some site control. I have found that it works well with Smeagol or Gandalf. I always go second if possible and play Courtyard Parapet then you can swap it for Abandoned Mine Shaft and make them move again with forced march netting you 2 burdens pretty easily. Use orkish smith to recicle the unforgiving depths and do it again. Remember going second is key so you can move them to the parapet but make sure you can get it back with the Depths or Theres another way (Smeagol Card). Your worst mach-ups woud be The Elf Twins Deck, and maybe a Dwarf deck with lots of pumps. Hope this helps. Very Happy
fingolfin
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:28 am
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Gagnut: My first reply in this topic is a decklist. Cheers Cheers

fingolfin: Nazgul are good at corruption, but Orcs also have very powerful burden cards. Bound to its Fate is probably the best burden-adding card ever, especially when used with Isengard Underling and Goblin Hordes.

No, Actually I think it is Desperate Defense of the Ring and Thin and Stretched
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
syndrome
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 am
Any good Orc Corruption deck would pack at least 3 unforgiving depth and mostly underground sites in the deck, excluding a courtyard parapet and maybe a support site for your fellowship or two.

The idea is to go second, and try and play courtyard parapet as many times on the path as you can, then replace it each time you play it with unforgiving so you can play it again the next site. Then, seeings as your replacing it with an underground site, you can take back your orkish smith s (to get retribution or unforgiving depth back) and some underlings to replay bound to it’s fate.

Then you can use it with some emboldened orc / cutthroat orc / orc crusher and retritbution / orc spear to get some wins to add burdens. You also might want to put a couple porter troll in, and don’t forget you can use orc crusher ’s text -- expecially when fighting a RB deck. Mocking goblin is also good for orc weapon decks, because if he wins you have a guaranteed 1 burden (if you have a weapon on him and retribution out) and another possible one.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:12 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
What about fi I don’t have any retribution and don’t know anybody who does?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:41 pm
Then make the deck in SDA and play people online with it. Smile
All cards do what they say.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:41 pm
Retribution isn’t needed. It just means you’ll have to focus mostly around Bound to its Fate, Courtyard Parapet, Porter Troll, and Mocking Goblin. And the deck probably won’t be quite as competitive.

Or you could buy them from Cobra... Wink
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
syndrome
Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:52 am
As AC said, it isn’t required. Most games my deck adds more burdens from bound and courtyard. It’s hard to win skirmishes in a meta so keen to tear you apart via round-a-bout methods (archery and eowyn for example)
http://myspace/delicatesituation
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:47 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Orc Tormentor isn’t really worth it. If your opponent needs to get rid of cards, it can even help him.

Watch-Tower of Cirith Ungol is the key. Your opponent won’t have cards in his hand to discard.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Cave Troll of Moria
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:02 am
Yes please maybe cut down some on orkish smith, too add some orc miscreants, and maybe add another porter troll, and put in Orc Crusher, which rules the orcs. My overall grade for this deck is a C+.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » War of the Ring Block