LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:31 pm
One of the guys here plays Smeagol/Gollum Shelob deck and is really strong.I recommend They stole it Promise Keeping and Web.Shelob will win figths and Gollum can even kill by wounding in a skirmish.Then stack them on Web.
syndrome
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:38 pm
Gogo smeagol!!!

First off, I know safe passage is really helpful, but if you removed two, and then also an o elbereth, you’d have room for 3 power according to his stature. Which is one of my favorite cards to use in my smeagol deck. Very good against killing off dunland, goblins, or wounding other minions so you can kill them off with where shall we go?.

Also, if you find yourself being beaten (strength wise) too much, you should definitely work in a couple (if not 4) There’s another way. With x4 poor wretch, x4 taw, and your o elbereth, you’re smeagol will have a base of 12 Very Happy

For minions, all I can suggest is replacing x3 of your gollums with x3 Captured by the Ring. Yes, I know you have x4 We Must Have It, but Captured by the ring acts almost exaclty like your multiple copies of gollum, but you get to add a threat when you use it.

Though, if you play against lots of small fellowships, this probably isn’t a good idea (cannot add a threat), so I guess it all depends on what your opponents use.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:14 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Your Solo Smeagol looks fairly good...but Safe Passage doesn’t work as well as you’d think, if I understand it correctly. You can only use it whenever the Fellowship moved to a site with the keyword that you named. And you’re only allowed to name one keyword.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:18 pm
CG is correct on this one.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:45 pm
Laughing He made that post 7 months ago, he probably doesn’t even use that deck anymore. Very Happy
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:30 pm
What you need to do is run tons of unbound companions....... Very Happy

Quote:
I looked around at every alternate ringbearer and noticed that Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets was probably my best bet.

Gimli is a pretty good solo-ringbearer. Load him up and he can get pretty tough. Especially if he’s damage +16 with the ring of rings Smile Then you can’t corrupt him.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats