LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » World of Warcraft TCG » WoW TCG Gameplay Questions
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:42 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Hey guys,
Does anyone play this game or have any helpful links to WoW info?
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Sup3rZ3ro
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:16 pm
Hello

I have played WoW now since the release of the game. I am confident with the rules (I have read the comprehensive rules downloadable from the Upperdeck Entertainment website) and I have played in a couple of events and I am currently tuning my deck towards an upcoming tournament.

I must say that the game has been growing ever since my local store introduced it. Hardcore magic players have converted to the game and our player basis is now well beyond 20 people.

I believe this is due to the fact that the game is so easy to learn and that it draws from many of the other major cards games like magic.

The connection between the TCG and the MMORPG is amazing both in content and feel. The Onyxia raid deck is an outstading example. I have never seen a group of players more exited about a TCg than when I grouped with a bunch of friends from my local area. The incredible feel of fighting one common enemy possesing insane power is just wonderful. The raid concept is very innovative and I believe that UDE won a price for the concept. It is so much fun!

I have also been drafting quite a bit and tried a single sealed event. The first set (Heroes of Azeroth) seems very balanced in this perspective. Drafting is very diverse and it all depends on the skill of the players not the luck when distributing cards. This is an overall tendency noticeable in this TCG. No deck has a clear advantage over the meta. And there is a counter to all deck types. Some will argue however that Hunter rush (probably the deadliest archetype right now) is very hard to stop. That is a correct observation but many deck can easily wreck havoc upon the Hunter rush deck. Specifically a Shaman deck with Searing Totem is golden.

I hope that this forum will expand as the state of the game progresses. I will certainly be here to discuss strategy, decks and other topics regarding WoW TCG.
Lord of the Rings TCG strategy articles:
The Time of the Elves is Over!?
Rohan Rises From the Dust
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:32 pm
Good to see we’ve got an experienced WoW TCG player (as experienced as it gets, anyway) on board to help people learn the game!

World of Warcraft was added to Cobra Cards just before Christmas, so we haven’t had much time to attract a crowd yet, but there is definitely a lot of interest out there. This week I’ll begin advertising the WoW TCG portion of the site on Google and Yahoo, so expect some more visitors soon.

In the meantime, current users who play the game should post their decklists so we can get some good discussion going! You’ll be helping develop a WoW TCG player community here (new users are MUCH more likely to join a forum that’s already active), and throughout this month you’ll be collecting store credit as well. Wink
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Sup3rZ3ro
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:01 pm
I really hope that his forum will be up and running soon. If this forum develops just half as well as the corresponding LotR forum then i’ll be more than satisfied.

I’ll be posting some decklists tomorrow. Both some of my own and perhaps also the dominant archetypes that I have played (with a little tweak according to my local meta). There will be decklists for normal PvP (one on one) and also decklists for raiding.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:41 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Interesting...I can’t devote myself to playing another TCG, but this game sounds interesting. I might have to drop in and see if I can get a grip on parts of it.

I love the fact that you’ve got Leeroy Jenkins!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:26 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
what I think it funny is if you say something he gains a keyword, kinda like a parody card except he is a real card.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Gagnut
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:43 pm
I think it is sortof weird having a game based on a game. And made by a sports card company, would you say it is less, even, or better made than the LOTR TCG?
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
Sup3rZ3ro
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:28 am
Gagnut wrote:
I think it is sortof weird having a game based on a game. And made by a sports card company, would you say it is less, even, or better made than the LOTR TCG?

Lotr TCG is, according to me, one of funniest card games I have played. The problem is that it lacks simplicity. It is hard for storeowners to sit down for 5 minutes and teach the game to a stranger partly because the rules are complicated but also because the length of the game. A game can easily last for over 45 minutes and that is really demanding. Players will divert to games like magic because the games are far shorter.

I have collected Lotr TCG since Ents of Fangorn and always enjoyed playing it. My lack of interest probably comes from what almost every Lotr TCg player has experienced: An unstable player base.

So when I claim that WoW TCG is better than Lotr TCG is it because these pitfalls have been utterly avoided. The game design, the mechanics, length of the game and so on is far superior to what is found in Lotr TCG. WoW TCG draws from succesful card games like Magic without making a completely similar game. It is easy to introduce new players to the game and in my limited meta a big player base has already formed.

It is sad to say, due to the fact that I am a huge Lotr fan, but WoW TCG is much better. (I can almost quote every sentence in the three films, and I have read the books several times)

Forum index » World of Warcraft TCG » WoW TCG Gameplay Questions