LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)
corvus
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:01 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
--- description ---
Simple, just follow the title! Laughing This deck utilizes red control to its full extent concering land destruction, thus mana denial.
--- end description ---

Barbarian Riftcutter x4
Dwarven Blastminer x4
Shaleskin Plower x2

Ark of Blight x2
Dingus Egg x4

Demolish x4
Stone Rain x4
Molten Rain x4
Seismic Spike x4
Lay Waste x2

Ghost Quarter x4
Mountain x22

Sideboard:

Flashfires x4
Boiling Seas x4
Shattering Spree x4

Ok, here goes:

Draw cards, play cards. First play cheap ones, then play expensive ones. It is simple to the point of disgust. You just draw destroyers, and play them. You have to see prospectives from the opponent’s point of view. Imagine him having 3 lands in his opening hand.
Round1: 1 land
Round2: 2 lands
Round3: 3 lands
Round4: 3 lands
Round5: 3 lands
Round6: 3 lands
Round7: 2 lands
Round8: 2 lands
Round9: 1 land
Round10: 1 land
Round11: Out of lands.
I just imagined the opponent drawing only lands on rounds 3-6, just in case...
All the opponent can do is play cheap spells during his first rounds, and then succumb to having no mana. Your creatures can then crash the opponent with simple attacks, as nothing can prevent them from it. The only problem is when your opponent has too many cheap spells, and keeps drawing lands whereas you don’t draw destryoers. Then again, each deck has to got its weaknesses, right? Razz

Here goes a description of the cards: stone rain and molten rain are good destroyers, since they are cheap destroyers. Destroy target land with 3 mana. Molten rain has got a good side ability as well... Seismic spike is a great card, especially for times when you got 5-6 lands, since it lets you play two destroyers. Demolish is another option, destroying both lands or artifacts, and lay waste can either destroy a land or help you cycle.

Flashfires and boil are specific destroyers, but they are lethal against white and blue when you feel like you cannot catch up with the play land/destroy land ratio. Ark of blight is designed to be played on the second round, and then be sacrificed on a much later round.

Dwarven Blastminer is a great card, since it’s both cheap AND capable of ruining those annoying non-basic land based decks (wow that was a long phrase Confused ). Shaleskin Plower is a beast designed to be played on later rounds, and both provide a good servant and help destoy a land, while Barbarian Riftcutter has similar powers, only with the steep cost of the sacrifice.

Long live NPE!!!
Last edited by corvus on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:29 pm; edited 3 times in totalClick here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
legolamb
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:58 pm
I am now going to act like you.

What is the point of this deck? Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
I know BobtheOrc, sickofpalantirs, Peterpot and all the other Iowans. And I have an evil plan to KILL them, HA HA HA HA HA(just kidding)
corvus
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:29 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Alright mr. smart@$$, let’s look at it, shall we? Razz

First of all i just realized that i should have added a couple of copies of dingus egg, because the way it is, this deck has indeed a small firepower (only creatures).

Rather than thinking of playing with this deck, imagine playing against it. You play land, i destroy land. That simple; you cannot play expensive spells, and actually, after a few rounds, you cannot play any spells at all....

GP for you for taking your time to comment! Smile
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)