LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
30%
  [ 3 ]  30%

70%
  [ 7 ]  70%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 10
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:27 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
It seems to me that you’re also glossing over the Ithilien Blade match-up a lot. Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow will finish off most of your Dunlendings early on (unless you want to dump your Hides early), and then Ithilien Blade still works.

Yeah, I suppose it’s not always as easy as I might be putting it. It definitely isn’t an auto-loss though.

I added a section on Knights. The only card that can really hurt the Dunlendings is Citadel of the Stars, but since it is unique it isn’t going to hurt too much. Gondor Bow can be nullified by Hides, and Fourth Level’s exhaustion ability doesn’t really do anything.

Thanks for the reviews!

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
LeoKula
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:15 am
Hey AC, nice article, 4 from me Wink

Some considerations on Dunland, since I love this culture and have played it for some time...

My deck is a little different from yours, I play with 2 no refuge and 2 no retreat and this is how I plan to kill...
I think ransacker is too weak, wulf would be a better replacement, but that’s just me Wink

For the times I played dunland, I’d say HIDES is for keeping freca alive and keep minions on the table to prevent a CRUTIAL double move or get set for No Retreat... I think Hides can’t stop an elven archery deck since you can’t keep 8, 10 twilight every turn just to prevent 4 or 5 dunland from being murdered... and with nocked and elven marksmanship it gets even worse...

I think Dunland has a great potential, I love to play them, but I think it falls flat to a good archery deck, but in the other hand, it can overrun a lot of FP decks because nobody is ready to double move past a sanctuary or get they’re possessions stoled by the wild men Very Happy
Turin06
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:42 pm
A well written article but I found that it didn’t hold my attention well enough. There was nothing new in it. 4 from me.
macheteman
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:51 pm
it is good to see a solid deck list for Dunland. but there didn’t seem to be anything really original. still, a solid article, and well organized.

-macheteman
ingold55
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:19 am
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
you have left out a few fortifications such as:
stone tower
seventh level
and follow them up with sixth level to replay them. it can crush dulanders. also, watch out for decks with Palando far-traveling one. it can discard hides fairly fast.
macheteman
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:25 am
i think any good condition removal, or archery could tear it apart. but dunland isn’t the strongest culture. AC did a pretty good job building a deck with what they have. there is no deck that is a sure win.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
LeoKula
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:15 am
ingold55 wrote:
you have left out a few fortifications such as:
stone tower
seventh level
and follow them up with sixth level to replay them. it can crush dulanders. also, watch out for decks with Palando far-traveling one. it can discard hides fairly fast.

Hides is a possession
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:35 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
One last thing on Eowyn wounding...Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien might not work, but the archery that goes along with her will most definitely work, and very well. And there’s not much Dunland vitality flying around. In fact, there might even be extra archery wounds in there, so Hides will only forestall death in the archery phase. And then Thorongil (the new Eowyn staple) should be able to tackle the Dunlendings you toss at him.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
ingold55
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:11 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
hehehehhehehehe... Laughing Embarassed

yah sorry about that little mistake on Palando... Smile
Cleston
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:36 pm
nice article AC, i played dunlending for a good time, and that was one of my most successful decks. your strategy is very accurate.

i am just amazed as how there was no mention of the Constantly Threatening trick, and the card is not even mentioned. but outside of that, the article is perfect IMHO.
- "If I die, your deck will crumble!"
Gandalf (any of them)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest