LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
hblika
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:48 am
I want to put together a troll swarm deck from the new Orc culture, but I have really no idea on how to assemble this.

Obviously I would need 4 x Goblin Hordestrolls, and some underground sites, but other than that I’m a bit bewildered on the rest of the shadow.

Input greatly appreciated! Very Happy

Note: This shadow will under no circumstances be used in tournaments. It is strictly for fun, so huge combos and other high risk plays are not a problem.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
Cobra
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:12 pm
The orc swarm decks I've seen have used 4x Demoralized to generate twilight for the swarm. To get the exertions, the best combo I've seen is Rallying Orc, Savage Menace, and Unwieldy Cudgel, plus a bunch of cheap lurkers.

For example, assume that 2 Demoralized are out:

Rallying Orc (remove 3 twilight)
Troll's Keyward, Keeper of the Beast (remove 3, exert to add 2, use text to add 1)
Orc Skulker (remove 2, exert to add 2)
Orc Skulker (remove 2, exert to add 2)
Prowling Orc (remove 3, exert to add 2)
Emboldened Orc (remove 4, exert to add 2)
Cave Troll of Moria, Savage Menace (free with six toil exertions)
Cave Troll's Hammer, Unwieldy Cudgel (remove 2, exert six companions to add 12)

With this particular combo you only need 8 twilight to begin with, and you actually have 12 twilight after all this, for additional minions or for use with Prowling Orc.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
hblika
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:58 pm
Thanks, when I'm building a GOOD shadow side, I will indeed make use of this advise! Smile

But for now I would like to make a shadow that could somehow manage to play a couple of Porter Trolls, a few Beastly Olog-hai's and a Cave Troll Very Happy Is that possible at all?? (Assuming the FP doesn't flood the pool...)
Cobra
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:25 pm
Well, if you managed to have an all-Shadow hand plus several Goblin Hordes out, you could just add a few Porters or Beastlies to the combo above. Smile

If you just want to focus on the trolls, try using the Keyward's ability. If you had, say, a Porter Troll, Cave Troll, Beastly Olog-hai, and Ordnance Grunt (new Bloodlines troll) in your hand, the Keyward could exert twice for a total of 8 twilight added -- even after considering the Keyward's own twilight cost, that gets you one additional troll.

Also, I have a vague memory of some trolls that get cheaper when other trolls are in play, but I think those are old cards from the Sauron culture and probably wouldn't fit into your Orc deck.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
hblika
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:08 pm
OK, thanks for the advise Smile

I better start reading those old card lists again *sigh*
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:11 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
you can use the trolls keyward from black rider
use goblin hordes to pull a bunch of troll int hand play the keyward exert him to add like 5 (or more) do it again and then play trolls like crazy
once you have out a couple trolls exert them to play the cave troll for less

~Josiah
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion