LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Gagnut
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:14 pm
That one is pretty good, I have one in my deck.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
Takeo
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:34 pm
Joined: 21 Jan 2007 Posts: 123 Location: Hidden in FBI's basement
Stand Against Darkness, best anti sauron ever!
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:32 pm
Yeah, but it is only anti-Sauron. I’d much rather have a generic toolbox card like Sleep Caradhras, Secret Sentinels, Grown Suddenly Tall, or Roll of Thunder than one that only works against Sauron.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:06 pm
Yeah, but it doesn’t kill Sauron either. Stand against darkness is pretty good when Sauron comes into the game. Twisted Evil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:44 pm
No it doesn’t, but again for card efficiency, I’d rather pack cards that are more widely useful than cards that are situational at best. Now if there were a widely splashed Sauron minion, possession or condition, I might be tempted to play a copy since it becomes more efficient. However since the Sauron culture has been historically pretty bad (outside of besiegers and Grind) and there are more efficient decks than both of those, I don’t think I would play with the card.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

corvus
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:53 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Merrick_Hale wrote:
However since the Sauron culture has been historically pretty bad

Shocked Surprised
Trackers have been feared by ALL during the first age. They even used the hobbit anti-tracker condition.
Merrick_Hale wrote:
(outside of besiegers and Grind)

Many of our players didn’t even bother to make ’em during the 7th age.
Merrick_Hale wrote:
and there are more efficient decks than both of those, I don’t think I would play with the card.

Just for the record, my mentor who has been playing elves since the dawn of the game, used to keep a copy of the card in the deck until the rotation.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:44 am
Trackers only got decent after Grishnakh Orc Captain came out with under the watching eye, Orc Bowmen, and Hate. The other sauron trackers really couldn’t do much against fellowships as they cost too much and weren’t able to add enough wounds to be able to slow down any fellowship that had decent healing or throw away companions (as most did since uruks were huge for so long). In any competitive environment, particularly in fellowship block Sauron was not played much since they were roaming until site 6, had weak minions and other minion strategies worked much more consistently with the same weaknesses - Moria had Swarm; Isengard had outside of skirmish wounding, Damage bonuses and fierce; Dunland had good possession removal; Easterlings just got beastly and could corrupt, Southrons had archery etc. Most people (and I’m not nocking anyone here) wound up playing with the generic discard cards because they worked more broadly until besiegers were all the rage.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
you are forgetting sauron discard corruption paired with dwarven discard. NPE and pain.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:29 pm
I’m not forgetting them. I played them for a while, but they were too conditional... Condition removal destroys them and that can be accomplished with the more generic cards like Sleep Caradhras, Grown Suddenly Tall and Secret Sentinels which discard multiple conditions rather than the one that Stand Against darkness removes.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions