LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
bandfreak9
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:21 pm
--- description ---
I had this idea an long time ago, but because I’m not a consistent player I never put it together. The general jist is to use Arcbound Bruiser, Arcbound Lancer, and Mishra, Artificer Prodigy to make Arcbound Reclaimer huge. I actually have no idea whether this deck will work or not because I just don’t have the resources to build it.
--- end description ---

Land
2x Izzet Boilerworks
3x Dimir Aqueduct
5x Swamp
5x Island
5x Mountain

Creatures
4x Mishra, Artificer Prodigy
4x Plagued Rusalka

Enchantments
4x Mark of Eviction
4x Infiltrator’s Magemark

Artifact Creatures
4x Arcbound Lancer
4x Arcbound Bruiser
4x Arcbound Reclaimer
4x Darksteel Gargoyle

Artifacts
4x Izzet Signet
4x Dimir Signet

The general idea is to get Arcbound Reclaimer out as soon as possible. Once he is out play Mishra, Artificer Prodigy. Try to have out Plagued Rusalku by now. Then play Arcbound Lancer and Arcbound Bruiser, because of Mishra you now have all four out. Sacrifice as many as you can and attack and block with the rest of them while throwing caution to the wind. As they die put their counters on Arcbound Reclaimer. Getting Darksteel Gargoyle out now is crucial because if Arcbound Reclaimer without another artifact on the field your set up will be wasted. Now if Arcbound Reclaimer isn’t destroyed use his ability to bring back Arcbound Bruiser and Arcbound Lancer. I assume everyone understands what to do after that. Once you think you have enough counters on either Arcbound Reclaimer or Darksteel Gargoyle use Infiltrator’s Magemark to take your opponent down.

The 4x Mark of Evictions are to help you maintain some life the first four turns. I chose this card because you can use it again and again.

Obviously if you can get the Signets out after Mishra the game would be so much faster.

The reason I’m posting this is not really cause I think its fantastic because I can’t play it. I just don’t have enough money or a means of making money to build it. I was actually wondering if someone out there could test it to see if it is even decent.

Thanx hope it’s enjoyable Very Happy
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:56 pm
Here’s what I recommend. Google "MTG Apprentice" and you’ll find a free Magic simulation program. Build the deck, and run a couple hands with it. When you’ve got the feel of how it’s running, PM me and I’ll playtest with you (although I have connection problems and end up working over IM usually). I’ll have a variety of creations you can play against.
physcosick
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:56 am
I actually prefer MWS a lot more. I like it’s interface and it’s production a lot more. I’ve pulled an allnighter before regionals testing against a friend in my dorm (what a cool night) and I had no idea what was going on the whole time. I was drawing extra cards, never knew when it was my turn, etc. However, it’s much more friendlier on MWS. of course, this is my preference and many people disagree but it’s good to atleast give both of them a shot and get your own opinion.
bandfreak9
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:35 pm
Hey I can’t seem to add Time Spiral Do you know how to do that?
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:17 pm
Download the patch they put out with updates. Or, as I do, just uninstall/reinstall to make things easier. It takes very little time... enough to go grab a soda from my fridge Razz
bandfreak9
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:58 am
Are you talking about apprentice or workstation because I think you have to download the patch but I don’t have winzip
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:33 am
Either, anything works. I don’t think you need anything special for apprentice, but perhaps my computer just came with winzip.
mr.otto
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:16 am
you can try 7-zip. It will decompress just about anything. Plus the download is only like .8 meg., and it is freeware.

http://www.download.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10539225.html?tag=lst-0-5

BTB I like MWS the best, but both are great programs.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats