LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)
Barry Gibb
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:58 am
I used to love Death Cloud back in the day so i figured i could abuse it in extended once again.I was not quiet sure of the colors so a friend helped me out in that category he said your going to need some draw and counters for extended. Blue is good utility and it also gives me a knight to abuse with Haakon. Koko is another creature is it goes to the grave yard i do not mind at all. I run Dread Return in case i need to get koko or other creatures back to play. Its hard to do the flashback but possible and that is nice is i can use that as my discarded card from smallpox or death cloud.Solemn builds up my land base and when he dies he gets me a free card. The 4 colorless is also nice since i have a 2 and a half color deck. Haakon is so good with death cloud as if he is either discarded of killed it does not mater i can get him back quickly. Remand gets a card and a turn to go off with DC and wipe the lands and hands. Repeal can send a big guy back to their hand then i DC so they cant play him for a long while.Totem is also a great kill card. Therapy is sick discard.

Creatures:

3 Solemn Simulacrum
3 Haakon, Stromglad Scourge
4 Court Hussar
3 Kokusho, The Evening Star

Spells:

4 Repeal
4 Remand
4 Smallpox
4 Cabal Therapy
3 Death Cloud
3 Phyrexian Totem
2 Dread’s Return

Lands:

4 Flagstone of Torkair
4 Watery Grave
4 Polluted Delta
4 Godless Shrine
5 Swamps
2 Islands

Side Board:

4 Pithing Needle
4 Leyline of the Void
3 Crucible of the World
2 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
2 Ghost Quarters

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)