LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:35 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
4 Urza’s Mine
4 Urza’s Tower
4 Urza’s Power Plant
1 Academy Ruins
6 Island
4 Steam Vents
4 Isochron Scepter
4 Boomerang
4 Reality Acid
4 Fact or Fiction
4 Telling Time
4 Counterspell
4 Remand
3 Fire//Ice
3 Spellburst
3 Chronatog Totem

Sideboard:
1 Meloku the Clouded Mirror
4 Pithing Needle
4 Counterbalance
4 Sensei’s Divining Top
2 Muddle the Mixture

The main idea of this deck is to literally blow everything up on your opponent’s side of the board and create a lock-down once he’s short on mana. For this, you have 2 ways of playing: getting the UrzaTron + Spellburst lock, which will keep you safe for longer, and/or getting the Isochron Scepter + Boomerang with a Reality Acid in hand. Why? UrzaTron plus this last combo basically means: Island + Urza’s Mine + Urza’s Power Plant = Opponent sacrifices target permanent. Reality Acid do not have to leave play heading for the graveyard, nor have no more time counters on it to activate, so Boomeranging it back to your hand works just the same. Scepter can also be used in conjunction with Telling Time to draw more cards, Fire//Ice to keep control over the board AND draw even MORE cards, Counterspell to keep things under control before they hit play (specially untargettable creatures) or Remand, to be annoying before you set up the combo. Finishers are Chronatog Totems, because you can have them blown up or thrown into your graveyard (so can Scepters) and still get them back with Academy Ruins. Sideboard packs Pithing Needle against Tormod’s Crypt or other dangerous things, and the rest is a switchboard to change your way of locking the game, by means of the old Sensei’s Divining Top + Counterbalance combo. Muddle the Mixture can either help the switchboard or main combo, fetching Boomerang or Scepter. Meloku is just a pretty good finisher. I’m still not certain on how effective this build is, as well as if this is the best sideboard to use, just throwing some ideas out there.
I don't like YOU.
Cobra
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:13 am
Reality Acid + Boomerang = nice combo! Very Happy
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:23 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
And it also works on Standard, using snow-lands, scrying sheets, splashing white for Wrath of God and using Heidar, Rimewind Master. It’s just that it’s much more disruptable.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)