LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
MadHornist
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:38 am
Maindeck (60 Cards)
Creatures
2 Pulmonic Sliver
4 Gemhide Sliver
2 Harmonic Sliver
4 Might Sliver
4 Sidewinder Sliver
4 Bonesplitter Sliver
2 Spined Sliver
Spells
4 Disintegrate
2 Avoid Fate
Enchantments
4 Spirit Loop
2 Circle of Protection: Black
2 Circle of Protection: Red
Land
2 Gemstone Mine
10 Plains
6 Mountain
6 Forest
--- description ---
Another Budget deck that can hold its own.
--- end description ---

This deck is basically the sliver evolution theme deck x 2. you can buy all these cards in walmart by pickup up two theme decks for ~$12 each or get most of the singles dirt cheap. The Pulmonic slivers and Gemstone mines are the only non-budget cards in here.

This deck is suprisingly effective and I took down a guy playing a R/W weenie burn deck (with 4x char and all the expensive trimmings). The Avoid Fate makes for some crazy green countspelling action.

I found the Fungus Sliver is too difficult to play effectively and is a 2/2 for 4 mana (not much ROI). Trade them away for some essence sliver action if you can. That would be a good addition to this deck.

The only non-TSP cards are the Disintegrates and CoPs (super cheap and effective cards). Even if you don’t run against a deck with heavy red, you can use the CoP defensively if someone shifts the target of one of your disintegrates back at your face.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:24 am
Spoiler check! Sinew Sliver 1W 1/1 All slivers have +1/1. Time to remake deck. Take out the Cops for them. I would also add the new R/W sliver in for something. Got anything against wrath decks?
shpiderman
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:38 am
Why do we sliver players always worry about WOG. If a WOG stops you cold, then you are misplaying your deck. First, if you are playing against white, prepare for WOG, by not playing all your slivers. Be prepared to RESET. The cost of WOG slows them down too.

I believe many sliver players thinks is always about sliver beats and over extent ourselves. We need to play smarter not harder.

In tournments we have someone playing astro-slide with WOG and witness. I believe my record is 8-3 against the deck (hes says its’ 6-3 Mr. Green) but you get my point.

Also, if you are playing with blue, you need to play counters.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:59 pm
I agree. The reason Wog is bad isn’t just fear of overextention, though... it’s this. If I play quick slivers, sinew sliver needs to be in the deck. If I don’t draw sinew sliver, it’ll be slow. If I do draw sinew sliver and they wrath it, they’ve slowed me down enough time to drop an Akroma, angel of despair killing the second buffing sliver, or other bomb that can kill me before I can kill them.

One thing I love about slivers is they aren’t eliminated like other creatures by fetters. Hurray state-based abilities!

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)