LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
26%
  [ 4 ]  26%

60%
  [ 9 ]  60%

13%
  [ 2 ]  13%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 15
vveddrrann
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:21 am
Joined: 03 Mar 2006 Posts: 3 Location: Begrad, Serbia, Europe
bobtheorc wrote:
I don’t see why you would use the Sent Back strategy. Solo Smeagol is so much better. With the Sent Back you would be adding 4 twilight for Gandalf plus the 1 twilight when you move. SO if you play 4 Gandalfs you will have added 20 twilight for something that is not that helpful. I think solo Smeagol is probably the best way to use Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets
As Phazanzar has shown with his deck.

As far as I’d seen most of Smeagol RB decks were solo ones and choke oriented so playing unbound companions with Smeagol defies that principle.

Also I think that this Sent back strategy wouldn’t work and here is why -
Player A plays unbound companion and any additional Freps cards during fellowship phase, pays all the twilight and moves to the next site. The same moment he moved, unbound companion dies due Smeagol’s gametext...

So what was the point in playing unbound companion? Playing Radagast, the Brown in starting fellowship (or anytime later), if you draw a fine hand, can provide to easy run to site 4, because after Radagast dies move limit stays modified until the end of the turn he was played. So playing Radagast makes sense while I don’t see sense in playing Gandalf or any other unbound companion. Ring-bound companions, on the other hand, are different story - Faramir, Son of Denethor is one of the best if not the best supporting companion in Smeagol deck...
ingold55
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:18 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Congrats bobtheorc! Very Happy liked the article!

P.S. the sent back thing was only a suggestion. i know it has flaws, and there are many other suggestions on how to use smeagol. once again it is only a suggestion. Cool
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest