LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

100%
  [ 1 ]  100%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 1
Takeo
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:42 pm
Joined: 21 Jan 2007 Posts: 123 Location: Hidden in FBI's basement
--- description ---
Sick and tired of your opponent always play those awesome cards? Discard them before he gets them then Razz
--- end description ---

Some of the first combos of this game, was discarding. Make your opponent discard their entire deck. It’s a nice and fun combo, but have some hard match-ups. The greatest part of playing a deck like this, is seeing the face of your opponent, while you discard all his cards. "Oh no, not that one!" Hehe.

In my deck, I use Dwarves and Orcs, since they both have great cards that discard your opponent’s deck. It only works in expanded format though. Bummer.

Here’s how the combo work:
Fellowship:
Well, you could say it’s almost a regular dwarf deck, with a little twist of new cards.

Thorin III, Stonehelm:
He’s one of the main companions, since he discards one card every time he wins regularly. Then you have to add for the Dwarven Axe and Nobody Tosses A Dwarf. That’s 5 cards!

Gloin, Son of Groin:
Recycling machine!

Sindri, Dwarven Lord and Preparations:
This is a combo many uses in their decks. Quite vulnerable against any condition discarding, and that’s why I got 2 in the deck. But this combo ain’t necessary for this deck to work though, but it makes the process faster.

Nobody Tosses A Dwarf:
Main card of the deck. All you have to do, is win a battle. And thats not hard for a dwarf, is it?

Dwarven Axe:
Every time you win a battle, your opponent loses a card!

Ring of Guile:
Get your Nobody Tosses A Dwarf back up! Just in case the Preparation combo doesn’t work, you still got a lot of discarding.

Ring of Artifice:
Lost a card you want, except an event? This is the card you want then. If your missing a possession, artifact or a condition, just use this and get on that road again!

Greatest Kingdom of My People:
Worst condition an Orc playing opponent can face. Do you really want to lose a card you play a minion that doesn’t do anything? Didn’t think so, no.

Shadow:

Desperate Defense of the Ring:

This can block of a companion, but not so affective against Ents, that all are huge and in numerous numbers.

Desperate Measures:
This is a great card once your deck works properly. And 5 cards is not funny to lose.

Tower of Barad-Dur:

Makes it hard and painful to move, since they won’t have any cards left after that.

Fellowship side:

Starting Fellowship:

Gimli, bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings
Thorin III, Stonehelm
Durin III, Dwarven lord

Companions:
Gloin, Son of Groin x1
Dain Ironfoot, King Under the Mountain x1
Thrarin, Smith of Erebor x1
Grimir, Dwarven Emissary x1
Linnar, Dwarven Lord x1
Sindri, Dwarven Lord x1

Events:
Blood Runs Chill x2
Nobody Tosses A Dwarf x3
No Pauses, No Spills x2

Possessions and Artifacts:
Dwarven Axe x4
Dwarven Bracers x2
Hand Axe x2
Ring of Guile x2
Ring of Fury x2
Ring of Artifice x2

Condition:
Preparations x2
Greatest Kingdom of My People x1
Stalwart Support x1

Total cards: 33

Shadowside

Minions:
Morgul Hunter x3
Orc Inquisitor x3
Tower Lieutenant x3
Orc Warrior x3
Grishnakh, Orc Captain x3
Orc Cutthroat x3
Orc Patrol x3

Events:
Enduring Evil x2
Desperate Measures x2

Conditions:
Desperate Defense of the Ring x4
Tower of Barad-dur x4

Total cards: 33

Sites:
(0)Courtyard Parapet
(0)Abandoned Mine Shaft
(1)Neekerbreekers’ Bog
(2)Barazinbar
(2)Caras Galadhon
(2)Helm’s Gate
(3)Starkhorn
(3)Mount Doom
(3)Moria Guardroom

Here’s the Strategy:
Don’t bet anything, because it doesn’t matter if you go first or second.

If you start with the Fellowship, choose Barazinbar to get a Dwarven Axe, since you should go straight forward and start right away with discarding cards. If you got any Nobody Tosses A dwarf, use it when you can. The faster you discard the cards, the faster you reduces your opponent’s deck. It shouldn’t be a problem to resist the minions you will face. Just like a regular dwarf deck Smile Just so you know, you should double move when you have the chance. Your shadowside ain’t here for killing.

With the shadowside, you should play few minions to start. Get as much conditions out as you can. Consider if its really worth playing one of two minions, with no affect. I know that you can’t kill a fellowship with these minions, so you have to reduce the chances of double moving. If you have some twilight the first move, and play nothing, then your opponent have to decide whether to give you a chance to swarm, or maybe you got nothing. Who knows? The great thing, is that they are not roaming at site 3, because of Orc Cutthroat and Grishnakh, Orc Captain. If you only got a couple of minions, play those and get out those conditions! They are vital!

Easy deck really!
I’d be glad for any comments..

Have fun!
NBarden
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:59 pm
Ach. Your shadow isn’t made for killing? I’ll tell you how to make it kill. Its called Sauron Discarding corruption. Toss in the Irresistible Shadow, Thin and Stretched, and The Ring Is Mine, and suddenly your Orcs may win the game!

Also, if you don’t want to run corruption, at least splash in Uruk Foot Soldier. Its a great splash card for any discarding strategy.

Anyway, the deck definitely could have been better, so you get a three. Well-written, however, but the deck could be improved, a lot.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:18 pm
NBarden, i believe you mean Uruk soldier. but yes i agree that the shadow could be better, and the article was pretty much a decklist. this strategy has been around from the beginning, your deck is no different, and the shadow is worse. where is band of the eye, and the other cards NBarden said. not to mention an article about this has been written before. i’ll wait to vote, but you need to make some major changes to get this article up to par. right now a 3.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:59 am
Embarassed Yeah, sorry. Uruk Soldier. Uruk Rager may be good, but its to easy to beat.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Takeo
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:36 am
Joined: 21 Jan 2007 Posts: 123 Location: Hidden in FBI's basement
Thanks for the comments guys

NBarden: I know what its called and i’ve play that exact deck you’re talking about. And it’s easy to say what needs to be in the deck, it’s better to say what doesn’t belong there Razz Guess I could fit in those Uruks your talking about. Only thought of Sauron orcs :S

Macheteman:
Ah.. Band of the Eye. I guess I must have missed that one. Thanks.
Well.. About the article, its my first one so far, so im not so good at writing strategys. It will become better after some articles. Smile

The reason that I wrote this article was because I used to play a deck like this before, but that was mostly corruption. I rather wanted a good fellowship in this deck.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden remember when we got mad at you for giving F_M’s article a 3? Give the guy time to respond to your accusations at least. Though right now I agree with your rating, this did seem like a glorified decklist, if you had had more strategy more variations on it, and what NPE is etc. maybe but as it is now... still a good try for a noob to article writing.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:26 pm
This is expanded. I am very familiar with this meta. F_M was different, I didn’t realize it was standard legal. But in expanded, I know my stuff, very well. And I run an NPE deck.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:31 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
but he could have edited and made it a better article, my point is IMO people should wait to vote until their criticisms have been addressed at the least.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest