LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
dexterngo
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:35 pm
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 60 Location: Manila, Philippines
rohan with gandalf will be a beast in expanded
Do or do not, there is no try
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:29 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
actually i just built a fairly good rohan deck with gandalf as the ringbearer

and it does work pretty well
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
Grashopper
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:40 am
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 44 Location: Schalbruch, Germany
interesting concept, at least. How do you keep the burdens off?
Check out this Online Strategy TCG:
StarChamber
solis
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:54 am
Gandalf is a beast in every fighting deck I say;) good in wounding and archery as well of course but, well that strength bonus to everyone is just great:D I mean if you can keep your self at 0-1 burdens G for Grand is a mighty good card!
If you lose well at least know why.
Earthshaker
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:49 am
solis wrote:
Gandalf is a beast in every fighting deck I say;) good in wounding and archery as well of course but, well that strength bonus to everyone is just great:D I mean if you can keep your self at 0-1 burdens G for Grand is a mighty good card!

Gandalf the ringbearer doesn’t give a bonus

) Gandalf, Bearer of Obligation
Companion - Wizard
7/4/5
While Gandalf is the Ring-bearer, each time the fellowship moves, add 3 burdens unless you spot 2 other companions and discard 2 cards from hand.

I think you got him confused with Gandalf, leader of the company.
(which isn’t a "ringbearer" Confused )

Grashopper would like to know (and so do I Smile ) how josiah of Rohan is keeping the burdens of with Gandalf the ring-bearer and a Rohan deck (which isn’t famous for burden removal Wink )
solis
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:58 am
I know he aint, but he is unusal to be played with, and it wasnt a reply to the gandy-ringbearer with rohan post but with the gandy rohan deck is a beast thingie:P

But I think he just plays glamdring shadowfax and that event that removes burdens(4 of them of course) and that condition played on a companion to remove a burden. at least thats what I would have done.

The annoying thing with this deck is that neckerb. works every site unless you have 2 cards to discard. and can easily be picked up to be played again, meaning you cant lose many skirmishes=/

I prefer the solo gandy deck(well you start with gandy and lindenroot and then play 4 ent drought, when you got the first lindenroot is dead^^)
its a really cool deck:P gandy is like 9 str 7 vit and 9 res:) will see if i can get a deck list on it:D
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:33 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
solis wrote:
that event that removes burdens(4 of them of course) and that condition played on a companion to remove a burden.

ive got the condition x4 in it but im not sure what event you mean
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
Cleston
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:38 pm
that event is Ease the Burden. Fellowship: exert gandalf to remove a burden (or remove 2 burdens if at a dwelling).

good card...

about gandy/lindenroot, i don´t think it´s a good option. you have no choice about preventing burdens from being added, as you have not 3 companions, and you have an unhasty guy to fight for you... you can´t play watch and wait on your ring-bearer too, which makes it almost impossible for you to remvoe burdens in this deck. sure, there´s ease the burden, but what else?

a nice start would be Darson and Bard. burn darson with save dfrom the fire and grab jarnsmid, grimbeorn and treebeard... there you have it, a gandy deck that can beat minions, remove burdens and all.
- "If I die, your deck will crumble!"
Gandalf (any of them)
solis
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:38 pm
I meant the event Ease the Burden

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion