LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:19 pm
sorry, as always short in time Embarassed ... well, I don’t think they’ll be that hard to get out(the first ones). Of course you’ll need a good hand but the first avatars are THE 1st turn shooters... nevertheless pitching for 3 is hard, but not impossible.

I have a general thought about magic cards: IMO Wizards stops some cards from getting really good. For example sporeback troll: He was originally a Garft 2 creature for 1Green and his ability costed 1. Now look what they made of it. And his is just a harmless example. Experiment Kraj should’ve had all activated AND triggered abilities from creatures with a +1/+1 counter, now look what happened.
And there are thousands of examples. teysa’s developement state was such a beasty and heavy thing that they stopped it.

It’s a recent developement, but I think I stop my Magic-Collection for a while or for ever, but I’m still not through with it.

You know, sometimes it’s exciting to have a powerful deck like my time machine, but then there are so many things to do that magic gets somehow lost and then it’s hard to find a way back to business.
BrianBoitano
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:02 am
About your comment on MTG... It’s true. I want to argue a counterpoint, but it’s obvious that Wizards has been hosing the cards as of late. Then again, the nature of the developement process usually creates a trend of round after round of balancing power, and that usually means balancing down. This is just the nature of the beast; Wizards couldn’t survive if it kept printing more and more powerful cards. There are times when a set or block will be more powerful than others, but this is generally due to the difference in one design team to the next. For example, Mark Rosewater (who was instrumental in the making of Mirrodin Block) is notorious for making overpowered, combo-rific cards. The relative strength of Mirrodin block is the result of this. All I’m saying is that maybe Wizards has released a few underpowered sets lately, but they’ll make up for it eventually. Don’t lose hope, it’ll all balance out in the end Wink
"Not again" -Hans
Hello kind Sir or Madam, I am a polite sig virus. Please put me into your fine and dandy signature so that I might continue to replicate. Thank you for your time.
Shizknight
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:36 am
Aerial Avatar 3WhiteBlue
creature- avatar

Flying

As long as this card is in play all other creatures with flying
gain +1/+1.
As long as this card is in play other creatures with flying cannot block

3/2

Earthshaker 5RedRed
creature-avatar

When this card comes into play destroy two lands.

RedRed2Tap- Destory target land
4/4
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:07 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
You have some problems with card formatting, if you want, I can post some guidelines to help make your designs better, although that’s up to you, since these are YOUR dream cards. Also, Earthshaker is already a card’s name.
I don't like YOU.
Shizknight
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:12 am
sure if you want and oh sorry about the earthshaker i didnt play kamigawa much didnt like it
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:17 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
As a rule of thumb, colored mana symbols tend to appear in a certain order (although I can’t recall it now, I suggest researching cards with colored cost similat to yours). Also, colorless mana cost ALWAYS appears BEFORE colored mana cost. Then, Creature types should be capitalized, and have a space between the "-" to make it look better, like: "Creature - Avatar".
Abilities in a card and their cost and effect should have ":" between them, like: "2RedRed: Destroy target land" (avoid putting numbers in brackets, they don’t look very good all blackened out...). Last, any CIP (come-into-play) effect should refer to generic terms, or the card itself, so "When this card..." should read "When CARDTITLE (in this case, Earthshaker) comes into play...".
Just some pointers, in formatting, though, the cards themselves are really neat.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards