LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

100%
  [ 2 ]  100%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 2
Komico
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:43 am

Introduction

Have you ever wanted to make a deck that can do some good damage quickly with just a hell load of spells. That is while not spending a fortune in this process. This artcle will hopefully help all those new players build a deck to put up a fight some veterean players will never think coming from a new player.

Cards to think about

gelectode
grape shot
pyromatics
blaze
Guerrilla Tactics
shock
cackling flames
electrolize
surging flame

Black and Red ping Deck for only $13.20

Lands
12 mountains
4 rakdos carnuims
5 swamps

Creatures
4 gelectrode
4 wojek embermage

Instants

4 grape shot
2 blaze
2 cackling flames
4 surging flame
3 disembowel

Sorceries
4 rite of flame
3 sins of the past

Enchantment
2 Anthem of rakdos
4 seal of fire
3 seal of doom

Whith this deck you can ping with the gelectrodes every time you play a spell so when you do combos the gelectrodes can ping about 3 times or more. Try playing a rite of flame or two along with a blaze followed by a grape shot that could be 4 damage from the grapeshot alone plus the damage from blaze and if you have some gelectrodes out that adds more. And if you have a anthem out with hellbent your oppenent will really get a taste of hells power.

This is just the begining of the strategy to ping decks on a budget i will be posting more of the strategy soon. So stay tuned in for further information.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:06 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
First of all, welcome to the boards! Always nice to see someone different here!
That’s... not very good. First, Prodigal Pyromancer is infinitely more powerful than the Wojek. Then, there’s the MAJOR isseu of "How exactly do you plan to pay for Gelectrode’s mana cost without a single Island or Blue source in all of your deck?" Then, I’d recommend checking some of physcosick’s articles, as well as some from other authors, to see what actually makes for an article (titles, capitalizing letters, making sure card titles link to the actual cards, etc). So far, it’s just... too little. Not an article yet. I’ll wait to see what you make out of it! Very Happy
PS: If you want to ping, go U/R. WAY much better. 8 Tim (4 Prodigal Sorcerer, 4 Prodigal Pyromancer), Gelectrode, Electrolyze, etc. Not to mention Wee Dragonauts + Brute Force equals pinging from Gelectrode (perhaps to clear away some blockers?)+ a really cool punch through the air!
HOwever, I must add that this idea has already been discussed in more than one article here, so, yeah, pretty much, read some of the material first.
I don't like YOU.
Komico
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:12 am
i just was doing it quickly last night i was tired and forget about gelectrode having blue. I was trying to moddle it after one of my decks that has black, red, and blue.
Well thanks for the advice this could help me with my article
The First
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:02 pm
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
If I were to make a Ping deck, I’d start with Blue. After all, Blue is THE control color. It can protect your little Ping fellows from being destroyed, leaving you with only ashes of their damned corpses.

The red portion of this deck, I’d keep but why black? It would make more sense to be to use the Blue and Red color combination.

Good pingers are Tim, Tom, Gelectrode and the Viashino Fangtail. The Wojek Embermage looks like a very bad idea in a 2 color deck (even worse in a 3 color deck).

Pinger + Ovinise = OMG Shocked Then again, same can be accomplished with cards that give -X/-X to creatures.
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
mr.otto
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:51 pm
I agree with The First as to the "Why black?"

The only cards that you use that require black are disembowel, sins of the past, seal of doom, and Anthem of rakdos.

Disembowel is a decent card but limited. The same goes for seal of doom.

Sins of the past is WAY too mana expensive. It does very little with the spells you have. Do you really want to pay 4BB to cast a crackling flames or grape shot?

The Anthem isn’t that great when you only have 8 creatures.

As it’s already been said- Blue/red is the way to go. Splashing for black isn’t too great of an idea since most of what you gain is creature removal, but you could just as easy add more burn spells for the same effect.

If you do go blue/red, one of my pet cards is Wee dragonauts. It gets stronger the more you ping.

There was an article a couple months back about the "Izzet-vibe" where a lot of us talked about red/white.

I like the idea of "budgeting" any deck and a black/red budget ping deck would be unique. So I say keep at it and edit your post to reflect your hard work.
Cobra
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:30 am
Congratulations to Komico, who takes 4th place and $10 store credit in the April 2007 Magic: The Gathering Strategy Article Contest. Cheers
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest