LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Kwiatek
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:26 am
I start playing with knights and i have one question about them: what with uruk-hai and they stupid event "saruman's power" friend play it and I lose all fort and citadels of minas tirith is any kind of idea's what do with this??
"We shall not forsake our old alliance with Gondor, and while they fight we shall aid them:
so say I and all who hold with me"
-Eomer
Digital Iceman
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:41 pm
saroumane power is the worse card card ever print, when it blast everything, just prey.
to have a chance, just stack one sixth level, and play it after the storm. You can also play Catapult to venge your citadel of the star.
The last thing you can do is playing in standard: saroumane power is not playable!
Captains never fall!
LSpiegel
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:47 pm
Not too bad, but not to good. If you have fun with it dont change it however if you want to win then maybe you should not use conditional pumps. they cost more than events(shadow wise and exertions possibly) and they do not offer the same element of suprise given by evets. maybe consider using different companions. Denethor steward of the city makes all your knights -2 in cost. aragorn captain gives healing as well as boromir most of the companions are what i use in my deck and i dont lose to anything except a REALLY good nazgul shadow. if you dont have it a scrool of isildur is really hhelpful. saplings are grat too. noble leaders(AWESOME) is good but you may need to focus more on a specific goal. Skirmish or archery(Skirmish works beeter for me but whatever). I wont say anything about the shadow cause i dnt reach out of moria. hey are to versatile but good luck

LS
hblika
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:25 am
Steward of the City is a bad choice, IMO. The best fortifications need you to spot 3 knights in order to avoid exerting your companions, so starting with 2 knights is pretty crucial.

Scroll of Isildur and a couple of Saplings, could be good in this deck, but it's still a deviation from the theme. Noble Leaders has absolutely nothing to do in a fortification deck.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
Digital Iceman
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:40 am
hblika, I agree with your opinion about the Steward of the city. But the TT bloc is going to fade away if I'm not mistaken, and Alcarin, the best warrior will not be playable!
To start : Ingol+ denetor (which one?)
Noble leader isn't a fortification! Steward homestead either...but they're good to play in a Gandalf/gondor.
Captains never fall!
hblika
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:09 pm
In that case I'd play Denethor LoMT. At least you'd be sure to get out a couple of knights at site 3.
Digital Iceman
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:42 pm
Lord of minas tirith is the best choice, but don't you think that he's going to be the worse companion ever with the swarm meta? Nazgul forest, lurker swarm for the hardest to survive against site 4.
Search for faramir (who call the third knight) then, search for any fifth level or narsil? Best than symbelminë
What is the best size for a Knight deck? couple it with morc but I give up and play Enquëa burden now.
And morc get well with what kind of free people? (forget dwarves, it's not funny Cool
thanks
Captains never fall!
Lord_Of_The_Wind
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:46 am
I don't Know if you want to remodel your fellowship for Gondor but here is a link to the article i wrote about a good Gondor Starting Fellowship

http://cobracards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128

Hope this helps,
-Lord Of The Wind
hblika
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:57 am
Lord_Of_The_Wind wrote:
I don't Know if you want to remodel your fellowship for Gondor but here is a link to the article i wrote about a good Gondor Starting Fellowship

http://cobracards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128

Hope this helps,
-Lord Of The Wind

Allthough a very good starting fellowship, it doesn't do anything at all for a fortification knight build.

The starting fellowship you describe, will be the default starting fellowship for Noble Leaders decks after TT rotates out.
Lord_Of_The_Wind
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:00 am
Im Glad you thought it was a good fellowship even if it didn't fit to this deck. I just attached it to this subject because there is so much talk about the Gondor Race

-Lord Of The Wind

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard