LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:26 am
Thank you kind sir! Homage
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
anonymous22
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:45 pm
I shall try this deck out. Have a GP.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:36 am
Cheers mate, although its always nice to here i have a solid deck, is there anyone who might suggest just a possible few cards to add as a matter of interest? Ones i may have missed stupidly?
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Shadows
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:26 pm
Looks like a pretty solid version of the Denethor wounding deck.

It’s quite cool keeping it to one culture, but this is the version I play, it’s still undefeated

See if there’s anything in there which inspires you lol.

Total:38

Starting:
Boromir, Bearer of Council
The One Ring, the ring of Rings
Eowyn, lady of ithilien
legolas, fearless marksman
Companions:
denethor, last ruling steward x4
aragorn, thorongil
Allies:
leowyn x2
Possesions:
Ithilien Blade x4
Ranger’s Cloak x4
Kingsfoil x4
Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow x2
Anduril, Sword that was Broken
Footman’s Armor
Spear of the Mark
Coif
Rohirrim Mount
Events:
No Travellers in this land x4
for the mark x2
Conditions:
stewards legacy x2
hardy garrison x2

It’s slightly less focused on Denethor, and so has less possesions (though 12 is still plenty, and you can always throw your spare Aragorn’s bow if you draw the other.)

Legolas with Hardy Garrison is brutal, especially combined with Aragorn’s Bow.

Eowyn is just a no brainer, and she allows access to for the mark, so you can nuke those damned pavise.

If anything does survive Aragorn is a 12 and there’s Eowyn so you should be ok.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:07 am
O without a doubt that is a great killer deck it would be good to take to a tourno and im sure not much would survive. But in my playgroup Eowyn is a big NPE, and similar to the online PPE format no one uses her as shes a little too easy to win with. She should at last have cultural enforcement but beyond that i try to win without her.
Shadows
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:52 pm
Fair enough, I can see why you wouldn’t want to play her.

In that case I’d definatley suggest trying to fit in a couple copies of nimble attack (maybe even three if you play alot of evil men) as pavise will really, really ruin your day.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:36 pm
True i guess you make a good point. Denethor can still exhaust them, but cant wound til skirmish. Need a gondor card that wounds in skirmish.... Or like you said use nimble attack etc..
joseph_c_chua
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:36 am
lem0nhead wrote:
True i guess you make a good point. Denethor can still exhaust them, but cant wound til skirmish. Need a gondor card that wounds in skirmish.... Or like you said use nimble attack etc..

In my version of this deck, I use Mablung, Ranger of Ithilien to wound during the skirmish. Faramir, Bearer of Quality makes the minions roaming.
Glamdring
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:37 pm
I like these builds. Cool Could you add a couple more kingsfoil? Otherwise it looks great! Dancing
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:55 am
joseph_c_chua wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:

In my version of this deck, I use Mablung, Ranger of Ithilien to wound during the skirmish. Faramir, Bearer of Quality makes the minions roaming.

Cant do that cos it wrecks my starting fellowship. Need boromir for faramirs spotting requirements. I think mine is fine without that as only pavise cocks things up. But it is a nice way of wounding in the skirmish joseph.

GD i said if i expand the deck i add more kingsfoil yeah cos you can stack them so more tokens using guarded city!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard