LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
joseph_c_chua
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:03 pm
I’m currently making some rules for a 27 site game that aims to follow the story. Here are the rules:
-It would use the movie block sites.
-A different deck would be used for each set of 9 sites. Leftover cards from your old deck would be shuffled into your new deck, regardless of culture restrictions (see below).
-All conditions, possessions, artifacts, and companions stay in play (unless discarded) throughout the 27 sites. This goes the same for controlled sites.
-All resistances mentioned in any card is multiplied by 3 (e.g. Frodo is resistance 30, G for Grand works on companions with resistance 18 and above).
-During the site 1 of each set, you play your starting fellowship as usual.
-During the site 1 of each set, place all companions in the dead pile out of the game, except for unique companions.
-If there are already 9 companions in play and you want to play a companion from your new deck, you can choose to discard a companion from your old deck.
-Just like the "region" rule of the new sites, you must add 3 twilight each time you move to a TT site and add 6 twilight each time you move to a ROTK site.
-Frodo and Sam are the only ringbearers allowed. At each site 1, you may change your ringbearer and/or ring into a different version.
-Expanded format X-list and R-list applies.
-For the first 9 sites (FOTR), the FP cultures that may be used are: Shire, Elven, Dwarven, Gondor (except Knights), Gandalf (except Ents); allowed Shadow cultures are: Orc, Uruk-hai, Isengard, Wraith, Moria, and Sauron (except besiegers).
-For Two Towers, the FP cultures that may be in your deck are: Shire, Elven, Dwarven, Gondor, Gandalf, Rohan, and Gollum; allowed Shadow cultures are: Orc (specifically wargs), Uruk-hai, Isengard, Gollum, Dunland, Raider, Men, and Sauron (except besiegers).
-For Return of the King, all FP and Shadow cultures may be used.

What do you think? I haven’t tried this yet, and I’d appreciate your input in order to make this format balanced and fun to play.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:41 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
whoa...I have played an 18 site game, but this is different. sounds complicated. can’t think how to improve it right now but I will think about it in my bed and get back to you Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:50 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Confused Confused Confused

This is crzy talk. Sorry for the negativity, but even i’d get bored on such a game. It would take about 2:30...
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
ingold55
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:59 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
I have played something like it. We started at FotR site 1-9, went to TT 1-9, and RotK 1-9. WE had several times of reshuffling our draw decks, but i liked it.

(It does get long though, it is great if you are spending the night with a friend and have nothing to do. Wink )
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:41 pm
Maybe just a usual game with sites 1-9 (FOTR), 1-9 (TT), 1-9 (RotK).

But then this would lead to a shadowkill every game.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
ingold55
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:13 pm
i’ve won with FP side several times before.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

NBarden
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:19 pm
Um...can I see your deck?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
ingold55
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:22 am
I played with a Gondor fortification, my friend played with an Isengard assault deck. We played with several reshuffles, so we could manage to get to site 9 (RotK) with minions still fighting, and companions able to fight.

Unfortunatly no, you can’t see the deck, I tore it up and made some other ones. Sad I can’t try to rebuild it. (we also played this when we first started out and our decks weren’t tournament qualaty...not that they are now or anything...)

hannibal
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:10 pm
Try the next one:

http://forums.fanhq.com/viewtopic.php?t=20854
mm doughnuts
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:24 pm
When I played 27 sites, it was normal rules except:

Sites
1-9 Fellowship (-2 shadow number)
1-9 Towers (-1 shadow number)
1-9 King (normal shadow number)

and site 9’s were sancturies, you could reshuffle once, and we could have as many guys in the dead pile as we wanted. I used my (pathetic) Elven archery deck with my (awesomely unorthodox) Uruk-hai hunters corruption with worry. I did really poorly, though, compared to usual (I normally win at site 5-6): my opponent somehow lived through the fellowship sites and got to Towers site 5. With that unlimited dead pile rule, I played beyond all hope, adding 8 burdens, and over-corrupting by six Twisted Evil
Only those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion