LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
LCJK
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:15 pm
Why was my wwl post deleted?

I’m as keen as the next person for this game to continue for as long as possible and after the end of June it won’t be possible for people to purchase cards for the online game. SdA will be the only option for people to play online that don’t already have OLotR cards.

I thought this community was interested in keeping this game alive - not alienating a player base that has REAL potential to keep the game going.
-LCJK
elf lvr
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:05 pm
SdA is an illegal program, and Cobra has said many times that it cannot be discussed on this site.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:23 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Elf LVr is correct.
Conor rightly doesn’t support illegal software like SDA.

The creators of SDA have REPEATEDLY been told that they are violation international copyright laws for using LOTR images and D cards.

BTW are you implying that this community doesn’t want to keep the game alive?

Because this is by far the MOST active LOTR TCG forum you will find, and not letting ppl posts links to illegal software won’t change that.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
LCJK
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:31 pm
I understand some people think SdA is illegal. I’m not one of them. Lets not get into an argument over the legality of the software, neither of us is going to convince the other.

point of correction: SdA only links to images on Decipher’s site, it doesnt use any images itself.

I think that SdA represents a good avenue for the future of the game - if a pc does get formed and down the line V cards are made for lotr then SdA would be a FANTASTIC way to test those cards out and for people in areas without active players to keep involved with the game.

I think that blindly dismissing SdA as illegal and therefore bad is silly and will hurt the game as a whole.
-LCJK
elf lvr
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:43 pm
D is not making cards. That hurts the game enough.

If Decipher has licence to those cards and images and doesn’t wish SdA to use them, but SdA still does, then that is illegal enough for me. And for Decipher, apparently.

Anyways, even if you question the legality (or illegality as the case may be) of SdA, it’s still a banned subject on this site, so your post was deleted for talking about it. I’m fairly sure this whole thread will be deleted soon enough.

If this site didn’t exist, LotR would have died long before D stopped making cards. So don’t say we’re hurting the game. SdA may have stolen sales away from Decipher, so it may have in fact stopped LotR from continuing.

SdA may represent a good avenue; but online LotR from Decipher is ALSO a good avenue, and, besides that, a LEGAL one.

You may say that people only think that SdA is illegal. That is false. It IS illegal, but people apparently are debating whether or not this is a good decision.

And don’t say I’m blindly dissmissing something and being silly. I’m dissmissing it because it could have stolen sales from D, thusly hurting LotR, and because it is Illegal.

Most illegal things are bad. That’s why they’re illegal. And using copyrighted images without permission is, I think illegal and "bad."

But anyways, the legality of SdA doesn’t matter, it cannot be discussed on this site. Period. So that’s why your post was deleted. I’m sorry if you think that’s unfair or stupid. But don’t make implications about this site hurting the future of LotR. To put it plainly, this site has BEEN LotR for the past few months, at least.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
LCJK
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:50 pm
ill say it again because it seems you missed it in my other post:

THE SdA PROGRAM DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY CARD IMAGES

I’m questioning why it is a banned subject on this site? If you were really interested in helping the game as much as possible then why would you alienate a whole playgroup?

I think it’s great that this site is around but it could be even better and help foster the community even more if it didn’t outlaw other playgroups.

OLotR is a good avenue but that avenue will be closed to all new players in a month - what about online play after that?

The whole ’SdA stole sales and that’s why decipher is dieing and why we don’t have any more lotr cards coming’ is a ridiculous argument. I could just as easily argue that SdA promoted sales (it certainly did in my own case) and that by banning it from discussion on this site you have stolen sales and made the game die.
-LCJK
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:56 pm
Simple fact. If CobraCards allows SdA to be discussed on the website, they can get in trouble. That’s it. Doesn’t matter if SdA is good/bad or legal/illegal. By allowing it to be promoted on this site, CobraCards can get in trouble with Decipher.

And we wouldn’t want that to happen.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:56 pm
Well, I won’t argue with you. You asked why your post was deleted and I answered. If you have a problem with the rules of the site, feel free to send Cobra a private message about it. Maybe he’ll change something, maybe not. But you’ll have to accept it, whichever, because after all, it IS his site.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
LCJK
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:59 pm
thanks NBarden - hopefully when the license expires no such potential threat from Decipher will exist and the two communities can start working together to support this game
-LCJK
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:01 pm
LCJK you know that I play sda along with the many others. this site does not alienate us as a playgroup in fact I feel very much a part of this site. I was scolded for talking about sda by the mods and cobra because he did not allow it but everyone here knows that I play it and would be willing to help anyone get set up that needs it. but I get just as much help from these guys as I would if I played a game against you we are just simply not allowed to mention or talk about sda because cobra wishes not to be discussed on his site. I have also managed to get a few people from here to play in our player group and they are still just as much a part of the site as anyone else.

Thanks,
WKBC
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion