LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Fellowship Block
NBarden
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:51 am
--- description ---
An elf/Gondor deck revolving around mass wounding with a Twilight Nazgul shadow that would kill the aforementioned deck.
--- end description ---

Well...I’m going to try to build a FotR deck pretty soon, and so I’m posting decks for review and help on deciding what to build.

Frodo, Old Bilbo’s Heir
The One Ring, Isildur’s Bane

Arwen, Daughter of Elrond
Legolas, Greenleaf

Aragorn, King in Exile x 2
Boromir, Lord of Gondor x 3

Galadriel, Lady of Light x 2
Orophin, Lorien Bowman x 2
Rumil, Elven Protector x 2
Bounder

Aragorn’s Bow
Elven Bow x 2
Gwemegil
Long-Knives of Legolas
Ranger’s sword
Blade of Gondor
Flaming Brand
Sting x 2

Gondor Bowmen x 4
Secret Sentinels x 2
The Last Alliance of Elves and Men x 3

Power According to his Stature x 2

The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul x 3
Ulaire Attea, The Easterling
Ulaire Otsea, Ringwraith in Twilight
Ulaire Otsea, lieutenant of Morgul x 2
Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight x 2
Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight x 2
Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul x 2
Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering Fellow x 2

His Terrible Servants x 2
Blade Tip x 2
Gates of the Dead City x 4
It Wants to be Found x 2

Wraith-World x 4
Resistance Becomes Unbearable x 4
Dark Whispers x 2

1 The Prancing Pony
2 Weathertop
3 Ford of Bruinen
4 Eregion Hills
5 The Bridge of Khazad-Dum
6 Lothlorien Woods
7 Silverlode Banks
8 Anduin Banks
9 Summit of Amon Hen

The elves shoot everything up. Except Nazgul, which Flaming Brand and Arwen take care of. Anyway, basically, shoot everything you can, kill everything you can, beat the rest up in the skirmish.

With the Nazgul, wound the ring-bearer as much as possible, and with luck, he’ll have to start wearing the One Ring and adding burdens. But if not, no matter, use Resistance Becomes Unbearable and MAKE him wear the One Ring. Then Wraith-World gets downright nasty. And if that’s not enough, Dark Whispers can EASILY kill a companion, and if you pump Ulaire Otsea, your opponent has another burden adding problem to deal with. All in all, you should corrupt him pretty easily.
Last edited by NBarden on Thu May 31, 2007 1:52 pm; edited 4 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:14 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it wants to be found could be useful...cool deck!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:30 am
Looked at it, but didn’t like it that much. To...small.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arcor
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:35 am
I would drop the Atteas for twilight Enquea, similar special ability as the Witch-King, and with adding a hell lot of burdens it should work well. Attea is too weak and as you try to corrupt Frodo killing of Allies is not that useful.

You could also consider to add one or two Toldeas. Strength 12 Nazgul which you can assign while spotting 4 burdens (you should easily match that) is useful to kill of weak companions like Legolas or Gimli.

You could also add Threshold of Shadow. I use that over Dark Whispers in a very similar deck of mine and worked well so far. Also consider Morgul Gates to play more Nazgul at once or some swords, you need only 3 burdens i think to make yr Nazgul damage+1.

Fellowship site looks again like one of mine, thou mine didnt work so well, cos i had too many possessions for too many different companions i think. Arwen is kinda week in comparison to others companions IMO. Removed the elves to play just with Aragorn and Boromir and Merry, works better for me. Though i guess that with Rumil and Orophin it could work fine.

Anyway, great deck!
Thranduil
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:43 pm
My twilight nazgul deck is one of my favourite, so I like your deck already!
Seriously take out the twilight Attea, he really is totally useless. Put in instead loads of Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight, as he’s basically another Witch-King.
Also, I’d consider Ulaire Otsea, Lieutenant of Morgul as he’s the easiest way to make your Witch-King and Enquea fierce for serious burden-adding and ring-wearing.
Other than that, it’s solid with a nice free peoples side.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
besting25
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:10 am
I would use Galadriel, Lady of Light instead of Galadriel, Lady of the Golden Wood for healing abilities and for the possibility of playing free elf .Except that the deck look good Applause
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:48 pm
Good idea. I guess the allies aren’t much use after site 6. I was thinking of running Galadriel with Anduin Wilderland to save my allies, but I guess it doesn’t really matter at that point.
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:45 pm
I’m an idiot. I had a 35 card FP with a 30 card shadow.

Added 2x Bill Ferny, another Shotgun Enquea, and 2x It wants to be Found.

And an adventure deck.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Fellowship Block