LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Apopatos
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:11 am
I have seen so far that in our days, many players like to use hunters as companions because they usually are stronger than the classical ones and also they prefer to use small flexible decks to draw their key cards quickly. But I’m one of the old fashioned guys who love dwarves because of their cycling ability even if they don’t have many hunters around! So lets see how we can punish and **** them off a bit for being so trendy... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Here is our sick deck...

Ring Bearer:
Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Fellowship: 37 (don’t worry, isn’t as big as it seems Wink )
Thorin III, Stonehelm (starting)
Durin III, Dwarven Lord (starting)
4x Dwarven Warrior
4x Dwarven Bracers
3x Axe of Khazad-Dum
1x Gimli’s Battle Axe, Vicious Weapon
2x Ring of Fury
3x Ring of Guile
2x Ring of Artifice
4x Nobody Tosses a Dwarf
4x Out of Darkness
4x Sharp Defense
2x Dwarf-Lords
1x No Pauses No Spills
1x Subterranean Homestead

Shadow: 37
4x Orc Artisan
4x Orkish Smith
4x Scavenging Goblins
2x Isengard Underling
3x Gorbag, Filthy Rebel
2x Grishnakh, Treacherous Captain
4x Goblin Hordes
3x Unforgiving Depths
2x Armed for Battle
2x Retribution
1x The Beckoning Shadow
2x Dread and Despair
4x Orkish Hunting Spear

For the fellowship the strategy is simple. We put a ring of artifice on Thorin, then we discard the ring of guile to return nobody tosses a dwarf to our hand and if we run out of rings of guile we do the opposite (if we ever need so many nobody tosses of course). Like this we will discard at least 4 cards per skirmish phase from our opponent’s deck!
Also, we can discard the ring of artifice to take back subterranean homestead and if we fill our dwarves with wounds because of the exertions, we have the ring of fury to heal them a bit. The dwarven warriors exist only as dead meat to collect the archery wounds, they have done their job so far during the time we played them.
With out of darkness we get the cards we want quickly and Gimli’s axe helps to draw one more during the regroup phase.
Sharp defense makes our beasty Durin beaster and dwarf-lords can be proven very helpful at difficult times...

Now about the shadow... Here is the big fun! Very Happy
Our key-cards are three. The so neglected orc artisan adds twilight (and yes he adds too much even if he seems to be expensive since he is not unique), the orkish hunting spear make our minions hunters (a pain in the *** for the opponent if he uses many cultures) and finally, our beautiful Gorbag discards (and he discards too many), besides he never stops to be a tough minion, especially with the spear!
Hmmm to be more specific lets see a small example on how our shadow works.

Lets say that the opponent’s (enemy’s) fellowship moves to region 3 and he has five companions. We open a nice site with shadow number 3 and thus far we have 6+5+3=14 twilight tokens at least.
We play two artisans and one scavenging goblin which brings a spear from our discard pile. We have spent all the tokens so far but the artisans added 4 more, enough to play again a scavenging goblin with the spear and to get our 4 twilight tokens back.
We can discard now a retribution if we don’t have a weapon on hand to play another one spear from the discard pile which removes one token but adds 4 and finally we have enough twilight to play Gorbag who will discard 3 cards at least. You can guess the panic of course, if the free peoples player plays with hunters.
If you think is difficult to have these cards in your hand don’t forget that the dwarves have already prepared our hand and that we have few goblin hordes around
(What? One namarie survived from our crazy discardation and it is threatening to discard our precious conditions? Surprised
Here comes dread and despair as first aid station, but of course we are not evil... we give to our enemy the option to discard 6 cards to save it if he wants... hihihi Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ).

As you have seen thus far, our shadow depends on weapons and we must be able to play them continually. For that, we have Scavenging Goblin, armed for battle with isengard underling who will be able to play it even from our draw deck and retribution with orkish smith... no bad huh? Like this, with Gorbag and nobody tosses a dwarf, I guarantee you will empty the opponent’s draw deck before he moves to region three!

Now, lets see the sites we need for this disaster:

3 Moria Guardroom - undergroung (two more cards in hand are always welcome)
3 Mount Doom - underground, battleground (helps to take some weapons from our draw)
3 Caves of Aglarond - underground (be sure the freeps won’t go there during the regroup phase)
2 Moria Stairway - underground (it gives to our minions some damage bonus)
2 Helm’s Gate - battleground (helps to take weapons and also gives strength bonus)
2 Barazinbar - mountain (An easy way to get soon Gimli’s Battle Axe, Vicious Weapon)
1 Cavern Entrance - underground (Everyone hates Eowyn and Cirdan)
1 Watch-Tower of Cirith Ungol - mountain (hihihi more discard) *
0 The Bridge of Khazad-Dum - underground, battleground (both welcome)

* We could change this one with Pelennor Flat or Shores of Nen Hithoel.

Optional:
Since without cards our opponent won’t be able to threaten us we could throw a copy of Radagast, the Brown in our deck to move from site 6 to 9 at once, but the sweetest victory for me comes with the use of The Beckoning Shadow (without cards, isn’t difficult for retribution to add 5 burdens and in that case helps a lot the Pelennor Flat site to add one more) Very Happy

I wait comments about how many you succeeded to **** off with this deck Twisted Evil

Note from AC: Please keep profanity from your post. Thanks! (I starred out all offensive words)
Last edited by Apopatos on Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:33 am; edited 3 times in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:31 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
whoa...that is a sweet deck! but i won’t be building it any time soon (Moola problems Wink)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:24 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
This deck is pointless and useless. I call it a shame of dwarves and orcs. You are no longer my student. And i won’t trade you the FOIL ring of artifice. This deck sucks almost as much as you. You know you are worthless, but now you have just made a whole new point for the word worthlessness. This is my opinion.

PS I’m kidding i just don’t want to play against this NPE and i’d like him to break it... Mr. Green

Greek PS: Το παραπάνω PS δεν ισχύει... Mr. Green
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Apopatos
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:13 pm
Negative experience? Shocked But I’m sure we are gonna have a lot lot of fun hihihi Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
manu-fan
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:04 pm
Why don’t you play Burdening/Discard Orcs with Bound to It’s Fate as the Shadow?

Then, the Beckoning Shadow might actually work.

Cheers.
Foresight
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:51 pm
manu-fan wrote:
Why don’t you play Burdening/Discard Orcs with Bound to It’s Fate as the Shadow?

Cheers.

I agree 100%. Even though your deck is highly NPE, Apopatos, that shadow is probably the best for the strategy you’re aiming for. I can give you a decklist if you want one.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:24 pm
Lurkers + Cave Troll of Moria, Savage Menace + possessions + Retribution. Twisted Evil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Apopatos
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:09 am
Foresight wrote:
manu-fan wrote:

Cheers.

I agree 100%. Even though your deck is highly NPE, Apopatos, that shadow is probably the best for the strategy you’re aiming for. I can give you a decklist if you want one.

It is highly NPE I agree but I find more NPE the extensive use of a new light and namarie. Also, my main concern is not to use the beckoning shadow. I’m aiming to empty the opponents deck and then to RUUUUN Twisted Evil If the opponent doesn’t have burden removal then the beckoning shadow works as well but it is not mandatory!
I have tried this deck, it works like a dream!
Last edited by Apopatos on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard