LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:09 pm
Phazanzar wrote:
+4 LoM = -2 times you have to count on your pipes. And that’s assuming you can get both out. With just gandalf’s it’s what... -1 burden per toby?

Thats just stupid.

Old Toby = -2 every time I use it in conjunction with the pipes (more if I exert Gimli)

I have 3 Old Tobies.

I have this card called "Fireworks."

Which I have 4 of.

+4 Lords of Moria would just clog my deck of needless cards. And besides, if I were to go that route, I would add 4 of a little friend of mine called "More yet to Come"
syndrome
Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:14 pm
I seem to remember you being on the brink of corruption for the entirety of the last part of your game with KK...

You need more corruption prot.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:18 pm
Phazanzar wrote:
I seem to remember you being on the brink of corruption for the entirety of the last part of your game with KK...

You need more corruption prot.

During that game I could not draw any Old Tobies. So, if I replaced them with Lord of Morias, how would that help?

It just doesn’t make sense. Surprised
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:20 pm
Phazanzar wrote:
We play extended in my area, and what’s silly is... a few of our guys don’t play with hobbit support cards for their RB, no swords or nothing. I think this combo would be a fun way to teach them to protect frodo ^_^

Unfortunately, if they didn’t have any cards to play on Frodo then you could never use A Dark Shape Sprang to kill Frodo.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Hazael
Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:39 pm
exactly my thought anxious chieftain.

i was guna say something, but i decided to let them figure that out the hard way. Wink

I do have a hobbit sword in my gondor wraith deck tho.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:13 pm
Hazael wrote:
but i have bragging rights to beating phazanzar at site 4 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I once corrupted my friend by site 3. He bid 3, had Smeagol in his starting fellowship, and then got creamed by my Gollum/Nazgul deck. I added 3 burdens at site 2, and then 3 more burdens at site 3. The entire game took less than 5 minutes. Very Happy
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:43 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Hazael wrote:
but i have bragging rights to beating phazanzar at site 4 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I once corrupted my friend by site 3. He bid 3, had Smeagol in his starting fellowship, and then got creamed by my Gollum/Nazgul deck. I added 3 burdens at site 2, and then 3 more burdens at site 3. The entire game took less than 5 minutes. Very Happy

I did the same with this deck... I use a Twilight Nazgul Corruption deck along with these FPs. I also was able to use Return to it’s Master at site 2 in another game. Rolling Eyes
The greatest single thing I have ever done though, was when a friend had like 8 companions, and 9 burdens (Galdadrial RB) and I used 2 They Will Find the Ring. Followed up with a Resistance Becomes Unbearable and finally (later) a Wraith-World. Very Happy
Gagnut
Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:57 pm
I hope you noticed, 3 Gandalfs!!! please tell me your strategy.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
ingold55
Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:41 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
theOmnipotentOne wrote:

It helped me 2 out of the 6 games I played with this deck today. When my Gandalf dies (which happened 2/3s or more of the time) I got "A Wizard is Never Late" and used that to play Gandalf, Leader of the Company from my draw deck with Sent Back. And any possessions/artifacts he was carrying when he died, I can get back with Fireworks...

you told me that won’t work. Think
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:14 pm
ingold55 wrote:
you told me that won’t work. Think
AdultLink wrote:
I think you are in error with the way you are using Sent Back and A Wizard is Never Late. Stop me if I’m wrong. Sent Back specifies the playing of Gandalf from the dead pile as a Fellowship action marked in bold as Fellowship. But A Wizard is Never Late is a fellowship event which must be used as a seperate action.
I figured it out after I posted that. Mr. Green

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded