LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Gandalf's Evil Twin
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:23 pm
Joined: 17 Jun 2007 Posts: 32 Location: Somewhere in the Field
I’m new to the Cobra Card boards but have played this game for a couple of years and love to build decks. Here is one of my favorite decks.

Adventure Deck

All Underground Sites except No Mount Doom as it limits your ability to replace sites in the current region

Freeples Side(34 cards):

Frodo, Weary From The Journey
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

Starting Fellowship

Grimbeorn, Beorning Chieftain x1
Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence x1

Draw Deck

Gandalf, Powerful Guide x4
Erland, Dale Counselor x1
Pallando, Far-Travelling One x1
Gwaihir, The Windlord x1
Daddy Twofoot, Next-Door Neighbor x1
Glamdring, Foe-Hammer x1
Radagast’s Herb Bag x1
Gandalf’s Staff, Ash-Staff x1
Beorning Axe x1
Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs x1
Terrible and Evil x2
Home and Hearth x2
Shadowplay x4
Mysterious Wizard x2
For A While Less Dark x4
Make Haste x3
Intimidate x2

Shadow Side:

Mountain Troll x4
Porter Troll x4
Tower Troll x2
Cave Troll of Moria, Savage Menace x2
Troll’s Keyward, Keeper of the Beast x4
Scurrying Goblin x4
Orkish Smith x4
Goblin Hordes x4
Unforgiving Depths x4
Vicious Warg x2

Strategy:

Start by bidding one and then remove the burden with Pippin. Choose to go second, unless they out bid you and choose to go second.

Free Peoples:

Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence - Used for Burden removal with his game text and Home and Hearth text. Also used with Make Haste for either minion discarding or twilight removal. Can also be used for healing companions, also per his gametext. Not vital but helps alot.

Grimbeorn, Beorning Chieftain - Total Tank. Just discard your Trolls and later recycle them with Goblin Hordes. When he has his beatin’ stick Beorning Axe, it gives a +2 to strength(like he needs it) and an additional vitality, making it easier to use his ability.

Gandalf, Powerful Guide - Is kind of a wildcard and is the center of the deck. He obviously has cycling abilities already built in. Basically put all of his toys on him and he can wound up to 4 times per spell with his Gandalf’s Staff, Ash-Staff, Radagast’s Herb Bag, and Gwaihir,The Windlord.

Erland, Dale Counselor - Only purpose is to get a Beorning Axe on him and replay those spells.

Shadowplay and Make Haste- Exert with Pippin and then return Pippin to your hand in the maneuver phase.

Daddy Twofoot, Next-Door Neighbor - Recycles Make Haste

Shadow Side:
Just a plain old Standard Troll Bomb with Minion Recursion "Goblin Hordes and Mountain Troll" and Condition Recursion "Orkish Smith"

Any suggestions are welcome.
Last edited by Gandalf's Evil Twin on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheHobbit13
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:09 pm
orc spear would be nice to pump up your trolls o could you cave trolls hammer
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
Gandalf's Evil Twin
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:49 pm
Quote:

orc spear would be nice to pump up your trolls o could you cave trolls hammer

That could work. I know Orkish Worker is always gold in this decktype. I need a card to make The Free Peoples "Frenzy of Arrows" proof. Besides taking out the followers. Perhaps Terrible and Evil...
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:57 am
Gandalf’s Evil Twin wrote:
Perhaps Terrible and Evil...

THAT’S ESSENTIAL!

It’s a nice deck, but you don’t have enough spells. Terrible and Evil is great, most of the other good ones for this deck are rotated out (like Mithrandir Mithrandir and Strength of Spirit) but I suspect intimidate wouldn’t go amiss. It might be pushing it a little bit, but Flame of Anor is great if you have enough Gandalf companions, and I’d definitely use it over mysterious wizard as you’re adding burdens and it’s also ring-bearer protection.

And welcome to Cobra Cards. GP

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Gandalf's Evil Twin
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:45 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Gandalf’s Evil Twin wrote:
Perhaps Terrible and Evil...

THAT’S ESSENTIAL!

It’s a nice deck, but you don’t have enough spells. Terrible and Evil is great, most of the other good ones for this deck are rotated out (like Mithrandir Mithrandir and Strength of Spirit) but I suspect intimidate wouldn’t go amiss. It might be pushing it a little bit, but Flame of Anor is great if you have enough Gandalf companions, and I’d definitely use it over mysterious wizard as you’re adding burdens and it’s also ring-bearer protection.

And welcome to Cobra Cards. GP

Thranduil

Edits made. Removed 1 Beorning Axe and 1 Brooding on Tomorrow. Added 2 Terrible and Evils.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:55 am
Cool deck and nice to see someone trying to use powerful guide. I have a deck with him and pure hobbits so good to see a variation. Cos its standard there arent any more good spells to put in but id try and find room for flame of arnor but intimidate would definately be useful.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Gandalf's Evil Twin
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:48 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Cool deck and nice to see someone trying to use powerful guide. I have a deck with him and pure hobbits so good to see a variation. Cos its standard there arent any more good spells to put in but id try and find room for flame of arnor but intimidate would definately be useful.

What to take out? What to take out? Maybe either the Phial of Galadriel, The Light of Earendil or A Light in His Mind?... Think
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:26 am
Yeah they would be the best 2, cut light in mind as you have home and hearth. If you wanted to cut the phial its useful but i think you need more spells, its up to you. If you do stick 2 flame of arnor in.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Gandalf's Evil Twin
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:35 pm
Edits made. Added Intimidate x2. I think this should work better now.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:44 am
Yeah looks cool now GET. Nice one! GP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard