LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
Do You Agree With Me?

Yes  
37%
  [ 9 ]  37%

No  
62%
  [ 15 ]  62%

Total Votes : 24
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:58 pm
Yes, the aragorn is really cool, but where’s the theme? Why give him the fellowship keyword if he doesn’t work well with the fellowship?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
valid point I am just annoyed by all this whining.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:49 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
valid point I am just annoyed by all this whining.

I understand that too, but I think our whining is perfectly justified, however annoying it may be.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
bunnydaman
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:32 pm
Joined: 11 Jun 2007 Posts: 338 Location: 'hillbilliesville'
agreed...

well, Earlier I said that you can buy the AE set for $40, well, I lied. It is actually only $29 for the set, and you can buy the singles... Very good deal by my perspective.
-"He’s like a spamming assasin." ~lem0nhead about SoP
"Yes, I'm a girl. And no, not like elf lvr."
[idea from FM]
Juicetr
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:05 am
Ah....the beauty of message boards. Whining, or debate as some call it, have become one of the main sources of message boards. I for one feel that the set is ok, more effort COULD have gone into it, but why? The people who like the game and collect the cards are going to buy it anyways, and the people who are whining about it may buy the cards just out of shear curiosity. Take it or leave it, it’s the last set. I for one, in case no one has said this yet, am thankful for the card game in it’s entirety. Each set has had pitfalls, and those cards text have been changed or the cards have been put on the X list...etc etc etc. The thing now is YOU in YOUR group of players will have to decide for YOURSELF what cards you can play with or what text should be changed, because D won’t be doing that anymore. Big D is done, and I am thankful for what they have done, but now you can choose your own adventure so to speak. D just gave you more tools, that you don’t have to buy. It’s up to you whether you want to use these tools or not.
My main point is this, there is absolutely no reason to whine...you accomplish nothing. At this point in the game, if you don’t like it, change it in your own playing group. Whining just to make a post is kind of useless. There...all done...off my soapbox now.
You look like your smuggling sausages.....just in the wrong places.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:11 am
GP Thumbs Up

Quite right. Sometimes i start to whine, but youre post puts things in perspective. I still stand by what a hash T&D is but the cards in Ages End should just be accepted. The sets out; whats done is done. And youre right we bought them anyway.

Good job JTR.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:02 am
Hear, hear! That is my bug-bear with these things, the amount of people who whine about these things. Sure, some cards are a bit naff, or broken or just plain bad (Elven Defender or Ranger of the South, anyone?) but no amount of whining will change that. I know it’s a bit of a dissapointment that Age’s End wasn’t a super-killer deck, but if it were, someone would be bound to complain.

I just think it is a nice way to end the game. Hey, we are all gonna carry on playing, I’d hope, so it’s best to concentrate on the game itself, not just it’s flaws
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:09 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
agreed and GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End