LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Shadows
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:54 pm
--- description ---
Somewhat NPE, but great fun to play...
--- end description ---

Total: 30

Starting:
Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom
Aragorn, Well-Traveled Guide
Possessions:
Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow x2
Anduril, Sword that Was Broken
Flaming Brand
Ranger’s Cloak
Sting, Elven Long Knife
Bill the Pony
Events:
Power According to His Stature x4
An Able Guide x4
Pathfinder x4
Second Breakfast x2
Conditions:
Gondor Bowmen x4
Hearts Raised x2
No Stranger to the Shadows
O Elbereth Gilthoniel

The strategy is basically to choke as much as possible, and wound anything that does get played to death.

You might add a bit of pool when setting up, but after that it’s easy really.
Wound minions with gondor bowmen and Aragorn’s archery. Aragorn’s bow can an extra wound 2 minions a turn, and you can pull the threats off with Sting, Elven Long Knife or Hearts Raised.

If anything gets through, Aragorn is an 11 strength defender +1, who can only take one wound a skirmish, and Frodo is a 6 strength, who can easily be a 9 against non-hunters and has power according to his stature and (in great emergency e.g. 3 nazgul get through or something) the tale of the great ring.

You should be able to finish off the minions each turn, then drop an able guide and double with impunity.

Pathfinder means you can avoid any nasty twilight adding sites, and keep them to lower costing sites.

Have fun....
Last edited by Shadows on Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:47 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hum you might want to add in another copy or 2 of gorns bow
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:50 pm
Definitely add more of Gorn’s Bow, since you have a decent amount of threat removal. I would also consider dropping Pippin + Home and Hearth, since you don’t add that many burdens. I would think that the 6 card slots could be better used, and Aragorn’s game text doesn’t apply when Pippin is in play.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Shadows
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:06 pm
Thanks for the advice.

Cut the pippin engine, and instead added another Aragorn’s Bow and a couple copies of second breakfast, then upped the number of hearts raised to ensure I get threat removing a.s.a.p

Also added pathfinders, as then I can maipulate the site path into choking sites, and also avoid my opponents high costers (and use things such as Imladris if the burdens start getting too high).

Any other suggestions?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
looks nice! what do you pair it with?
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:01 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I know you took it out, but GP for the idea of comboing Aragorn, Well-Traveled Guide with discarding Hobbits. That’s brilliant!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Shadows
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:36 am
I usually pair it with Threatguls or Beasterlings...just some kind of nice,small shadow that can stop the opponent so you can run to the end.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:12 pm
another idea would be something with big minions. troll engine or whatnot. though with 30 cards that prolly wouldn’t work to well.
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded