LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Sam-Wise
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:04 pm
--- description ---
Between these tags, give a short description of your deck. Go a step beyond basic decktype info, and tell us what makes your design unique!
--- end description ---

A Basic on How to Set Up an Elven Strategy Group
Type your decklist and strategy notes here.
3•Galadriel Bearer of Wisdom
Strength 3
Health 3
Resistance 3
Card text: While Galadriel bears an artifact or The One Ring, she is resistance +1 for each Elvin Companion you can spot.

This is a wonderful card if you want to play a complete Elf hand. She is your ring Bearer for the game.

2 •Arwen Fair Elf Maiden
Strength 6
Health 3
Card text: While skirmishing a fierce minion, Arwen is strength +3.

This card is great if you’re facing NazgÛl, Uruk-Hai, or Goblins. You will want to have her in your beginning Fellowship.

2 •Legolas Archer of Mirkwood
Strength 6
Health 3
Card text: Archer. Each time Legolas wins a skirmish, you may heal a Dwarf or another Elf Companion.

This Legolas is great for the regroup phase. He is in your beginning Fellowship too.

2 •Haldir Emissary of the Galadhrim
Strength 5
Health 3
Card text: While no opponent controls a site, Haldir is strength +2. Regroup: Exert Haldir at a battleground and exert another Elf to liberate a site.

Haldir is not in the beginning fellowship. He’s mostly used as a decoy. Because of his strength he is also a fighter.

5 •Gil-Galad Elven High King
Strength 9
Health 4
Card text: To play, spot 2 elven companions. Regroup: Exert Gil-galad to wound each wounded minion.

Gil-Galad isn’t played at the very beginning of the game; he is played after about 2/7 of the game.
Now for the cards you will need to help the Companions.

X3 Elven Bows.
X2 Elven Swords.
X1 Naith Longbow.
X1 Asfaloth.
X1 Legolas’ Sword.
X1 Gwemegil.
X3 Elven Cloak.
X1 Elven Rope.
X1 the One Ring the Binding Ring
X1 Nenya Ring of Adamant
X1 Vilya Ring of Air
X2 Break the Charge
X2 Supporting the Fire
X2 Flashing Steel
X1 Boarder Defenses
X1 Uncertain Paths
X1 Gift of foresight
X1 Valor
X1 That Is no Orc Horn
X2 Defiance
X1 Stand Against Darkness
X1 Glimpse of Fate
X1 Agility
X1 Hosts of the last Alliance

O.K., now you get into how to use these cards.
What you want to do first is place an Elven Bow on Arwen, Haldir, and Gil-Galad.

Next take Elven Sword, and place them on Haldir and Gil-Galad.

Then take Naith Long Bow, since it makes a person Strength +1, and place it on Galadriel, because she is your weakest Companion.

Asfaloth is placed on Arwen because, the card text says, Bearer must be an Elf. When played on Arwen, Asfaloth’s twilight cost is -2.

Now of cores, the One Ring is placed on Galadriel, and so is Nanya, because only Galadriel can bare it. (Nenya will make Galadriel Health +1.)

Since Gwemegil is Arwen’s sword, you place that on her, along with Elven Cloak.

When you get Vilya in your hand, you place it Gil-Galad.

With the last two Elven Cloaks, place them on Legolas and Gil-Galad.

Elven Rope and the rest of your cards may be played on whoever you so desire.

How to use your cards together

1. If both a non fierce and a fierce minion are played, place the fierce minion on Arwen, and the non fierce minion on Legolas. (Only if the non fierce minion is less strength than Legolas.) If Legolas wins the skirmish, you should heal Arwen instead of Legolas, (unless Arwen didn’t get wounded) because she is your strong point in battling fierce minions. When you have just regular minions, place them on Gil-Galad, because he is your strong man. Haldir is used for two things, one, he is your weakest guy, so he is a bit of a decoy. Two, he is your liberator, he liberates sites for you. If someone places down a NazgÛl, take out, Defiance on Arwen, since the card says, Make an Elf strength +2 (or +4 if skirmishing a NazÛl). So that would make he
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OK cut all elven cloak IMHO, also cut stand against darkness. I would use the One ring ATAR or the ring of doom...also cut elven rope, replace with another bow. Cut the break the charge, replace with elven marksmanship cut that is no orc horn, gift of foresight hosts of the last alliance replace with pumps.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Sam-Wise
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:39 pm
Thanks for your Ideas. I forgot to put at the top, that I’m just using cards that I have. Confused I do have one of those cards, so I might put that in instead.

Sam-Wise
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:12 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thats the problem and with CC going out of business...oh and when you write an article, you want to include the best possible cards for the deck, not just the cards you have. and what minion side do you use?

you could replace break the charge with many miles or double shot instead.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Sam-Wise
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:28 pm
Thanks, you’ve been a really nice help.

Sam-Wise Very Happy
TheHobbit13
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:42 pm
when you make a deck with elves you wanna decide what strategy youwanna use like telipathy archery elvents right now i don’t see a strategy for this deck
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded