LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:19 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Two different "Three" Hunter decks I’ve been kicking around ideas for. Let me know what you think! Smile

Free Peoples (37 cards):

Frodo, Weary From The Journey
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

Gimli, Eager Hunter (starting)
Legolas, Fleet-footed Hunter (starting)

Aragorn, Swift Hunter
Elven Guardian x3

Ranger’s Sword
Ranger’s Cloak
Dwarven Axe
Hand Axe x2
Legolas’ Sword

Forth the Three Hunters! (Dwarven) x2
Forth the Three Hunters! (Elven) x2
Whatever End x3
Dwarven Stratagem x4
Run Until Found
Wish For Our Kinfolk
Focus x4
Hearth and Hall x3
No Quicker Path x4

I have pretty much every card in this deck except for the hard-to-come-by Ring of Doom and a site to pull Aragorn early (either Prancing Pony or East Wall of Rohan), but hopefully I’ll get there.

This takes your basic Three Hunters deck...and adds ANOTHER three hunters. Very Happy With the Elven Guardians around, Dwarven Stratagem and Hearth and Hall become HUGE, reinforcing as many as 6 tokens (7 if Frodo’s got the Ring of Doom on) in one pop, or exerting tons of minions with Dwarven Stratagem or drawing tons of cards with Hearth and Hall! That’s just sick. Twisted Evil The card drawing potential with Hearth and Hall is why I’m not TOO worried about this being a rather large 37 cards.

I chose Aragorn, Swift Hunter because he’s all I have, and while I have Legolas, Of the Woodland Realm, I opted to go with Fleet-footed Hunter for better cycling potential.

There’s no huge companion here, but once loaded up, Aragorn is strength 10 hunter 1 damage +1 (and 5 vitality, to boot!), Gimli is strength 9 hunter 3 damage +1, and Legolas is strength 8 hunter 1, and that’s on top of a trio of potential 8 strength hunter 1 Elves. Not too shabby. If a huge minion like Sauron hits the table, you can also use those Elves as cannon fodder, and so it will be tough for minions to get to the TRUE Three Hunters.

Focus is a key card here, as it’s the only way to really heal. If you’re worried about burdens, there’s not much this deck does about it, so consider Frodo, Resolute Hobbit instead of Weary From The Journey.

Yes, I would love to upgrade this with cards like Anduril, Aragorn’s Bow, and Namarie, but I simply don’t have them and don’t anticipate getting them in the very near future. Even Ring of Doom is a reach. But do you think this would do alright?

Here’s the other deck I’m considering. I like to call it The Four Hunters. Cool

Free Peoples (37 cards):

Frodo, Weary From The Journey
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

Gimli, Eager Hunter (starting)
Legolas, Fleet-footed Hunter (starting)

Aragorn, Swift Hunter
Eowyn, Restless Maiden x3
Gamling, The Old x3

Ranger’s Sword
Ranger’s Cloak
Dwarven Axe
Legolas’ Sword

Forth the Three Hunters! (Dwarven) x2
Forth the Three Hunters! (Elven)
Whatever End x3
Dwarven Stratagem x3
Run Until Found
My Axe Is Notched
Final Count
Focus x3
Hearth and Hall x3
Mortal Men x3
We Left None Alive x2
Freely Across Our Land

This deck is similiar to the last; it drops the Elven Guardians in favor of Gamling and Eowyn. Gamling is a beast once you get him, with 9 strength AND a hunter 1 bonus for only 2 twilight! Hard to beat that. Eowyn is a method to play Gamling (since he requires spotting a Rohan Man), but then becomes a nice wound sponge after that. Mortal Men is added to help out Aragorn, but perhaps more importantly, when comboed with We Left None Alive or Freely Across Our Land, it gives you some nice minion exerting as well. I don’t have them (yet), but My Axe Is Notched and Final Count are beautiful here, especially since it’s so easy to max out their tokens with Dwarven Stratagem and Hearth and Hall. It’s a good thing too, because squeezing in the Rohan stuff means Gimli and Legolas get less help otherwise in this deck.

So, what do you think? Am I off my rocker? Could these decks work?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:31 pm
Never use Elven FtTH in expanded, Goblin Scrabbler. Use Gondor.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:03 pm
Trouble is I don’t HAVE Gondor. I have 2 Dwarven and 2 Elven, and that’s it. Sad

How’s the rest look, though?

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:24 pm
In the first one, I would add Namarie and some Shake off the Shadow.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:20 am
Gladly, once I can acquire them. Wink

And the second?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded