LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:13 pm
As the new wave of orcs broke across the elven front, Celeglin wasted no time in leaping into the battle. He raised his voice in song, for singing helped him focus in battle. Many of the Teleri under his command joined in singing, for it was a song they all recognized, an old tune sung often by workers while shipbuilding. A song ill-suited for battle, perhaps, but it still served to calm their twitching nerves.

He was forced to stop singing, however, when an orc chieftain nearly smote him in the chest with a mighty mace. Celeglin managed to parry the blow, but the flat of his sword was still smashed into his chest, driving away his breath. The orc chieftain pulled back his arm for another swing, when suddenly he slipped and fell upon ground that moments ago had been quite dry. In seconds, it had turned to mud. Celeglin raised his blade, a triumphant smile breaking across his face as a blue light receeded into his ring.

"Let’s hope your bones make beautiful music," He whispered, before bringing Ruthnen down upon the chieftain’s head.

This victory was short-lived, however. The orcs were quickly overwhelming the already injured elvish forces. By the light of a dragon’s breath, Celeglin saw his hand-picked scouts, Tufian and Kvam, struggling to hold back the orcish lines. Like Tufian, Celeglin looked to Fingyl for the order to retreat...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
ingold55
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:49 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
"Company fall back." Fingyl spoke as loud as possible. His voice still came out in a whisper. Exhaustion was all over his face, but he pulled a small group aside. "you fifty with me, we are going to guard the flank while the others pull back."

As the company fell back, Fingyl and his company set to finding cover. once all the men had fallen back, he and his company returned to camp. Food and drink were there to satisfy thirst and hunger, but at the point of exhaustion, Fingyl staggered over to his tent. Several times he almost fell, but he finally made it. once in the tent, he removed his shirt. A large gash was cut in his chest, he had not let on in the battle, but now his pain was too much to ignore. He cleaned his wound with an elven medicine, and fell onto the floor in unconciousness.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:40 pm
The Orcs brought word that the Elves were pulling back. The Dragon had wreaked havoc on the Elven ranks, and the Orcs were coming in ever increasing numbers.

Victory was near at hand.
I had to put something here.
bobtheorc
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:05 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Huor was exhausted...the first unexpected battle with the orcs had depleted their numbers and now this..abomination...curse that snake of a dragon...
Huor gave the order for the remain men to fall back with the elves..
Can it be that our quest should end before it has yet begone?
He pushed aside that though and turned around the kill some of the trailing orcs, he became the rear-guard for his group, slaying any orc that came within reach of his Noldor blade.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:08 pm
Finalfyn watched the small orc army, finally become crushed to pieces. The larger army had drawn back for a moment, giving the company a chance to regroup. The four armies united and turned to face the new threat.

Finalfyn turned to the now-unified army. "SOLDIERS OF ARDA! If now be our turn to die, so we must! But we must die like men and elves, and make such an end of ourselves so as to be remembered by all for as long as this world exists! For in my heart, I sense that a power exists here greater than all of us, and that hope for victory is vain. But this struggle is not vain. It may be that our mission is to stand against the powers of evil in this world. It may be that our mission is to deal such a blow upon the armies of Morgoth, for it seems to me that he is the evil at work here, that Orcs and other evil will quake at the very mention of our name! But whatever our mission is, here we now fight, until we are destroyed! Citizens of Arda, FORWARD! To a glorious death!"

Finalfyn walked up next to Huor and drew his long-knives. "We will fight side-by-side, as an inspiration of the brotherhood of the Children of Illuvatar. Forward to death!"

With that, Finalfyn and Huor charged the ranks of the orcs, with the other officers near them, and threw themselves into a last battle to the death.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
ingold55
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:36 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Fingyl walked out of his tent, his wound now healed. On his back hung one of his swords, and at his side the other. His dark brown cloths fit the forest perfectly, as he marched to the forest. A small company of elves were in the forest, and Fingyl joined them.

The orcs attacked hard and fast. Fury was evident in their screams and eyes. Slowly Fingyl’s group was pushed back and killed. His blades where slicing down orcs quickly, but five replaced the one which was cut down.
The battle drew on, and each refreshing breeze came in small gusts. The elves became weary and weak, the orcs which grew weak were cut down, and stronger ones came in their place.

When the battle had started, the orcs were crying with death and pain, now it was the elves and men who were falling and screaming. Fingyl’s group now numbered ten and was slowly decreasing. The elves hung on, but in several areas the orcs had punctured through and were now encircling and attacking the broken perimeter. Finally Fingyl’s group was gone, and he was the only warrior left. He struggled long and hard, pushing his way towards the open forest.

After finally reaching the forest, Fingyl gathered his strength again and went back into the battle. The battle however lasted only a short time, and the orcs pulled out as the victor. Fingyl escaped to the woods again, he had not seen an elf during the last part of the battle, and was alone as he made it to safety.
He had escaped with only a little amount of food, water and medicine. He still had his swords, had grabbed a small dagger off a dead elf during the beginning of the battle, and a small bow with a quiver of arrows was taken off a man he found in the woods. The man had been hung from a tree and shot at by orcs.

Fingyl would follow the orcs and try to free what prisoners he could (if there were any at all.) Survival in the wild lands of the north would prove harder than any could imagine. But the north was beautiful, with its green trees, snow capped mountains and fields. The power of Morgoth however was spreading over the land...
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:54 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tufian took a hundred elves, spearsmen bowsmen and swordsmen. He had less the 5 minutes to set up a formation, spears in front, archers behind, swords on the flanks. Then the orcs came, but first the dragon. A volley of arrows greeted it "Aim for the wings!" yelled Tufian. the next volley hit the dragon reared back and flew away. It would be back. Then the orcs. He was in the front rank, middle with his spear and shield. "Fire!" the first volley hit, a score of orcs fell. "Fire at will!" He called. The orcs were almost on them. They collided with his spearmens. Foolish tactics. They were like water on rock, no matter how many of them there were.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrows were fired nearly straight up and hit the front ranks of orcs, while the spears stabbed furiously at the teeming mass. The swordsmen on the flanks ran quick sorties against them and then fell back drawing them into traps created with the spearsmen and a few horsemen. IT was amazing that 100 elves could do so much damage. But the orcs weren’t the only ones taking casualties, nearly 200 Elves had reinforced his ranks, but he only had 200 left. over 30% of his elves were dead or wounded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The elf next to him collapsed, Tufian didn’t know how he had died but suddenly had to fight off 4 orcs instead of 2. he thrust his body sideways his shield skewering the orc next to him. his spear at the same time killed another one. he barely blocked a slash, and a stab sliced through a chunk of his armor and drew blood. he spun his spear, the but hit the orc in the chin breaking its neck, and the front killed the one next to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The battle was ferocious. but the elves were being pushed back, there was no end to the orcs, while there forces were...limited. Slowly his company dropped to 150, then 100, then a bare 50. Almost all the spearsmen were dead, and the swordsmen too. Only about 30 archers were left, most of them had drawn swords and were fighting to the bitter end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tufian thrust his spear forward with all his might it hit the front orc in a small column of about 20 he pushed against it throwing his full weight into it. it went through 2 more orcs, but was now stuck fast. Drawing his small dirk he fought with shield and knife. trying to kill all the orcs in the column. He saw an orc draw back a bow to shoot at him and threw the knife, it hit, the orc fell. Before he knew it his shield was gone, he was on the ground. An orc walked up and hit him in the head with a mattock. As his consciousness faded he felt himself being lifted up. He was taken captive.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:33 pm
Finalfyn and Huor quickly threw themselves forward into the ranks of the orcs.

"Dodge, duck, parry, stab, slash, dodge, parry...," were all Finalfyn could think of. He knew it was a mission to kill or be killed.

Throwing himself forward into the ranks of the orc army, he finally abandoned all notion of defense. Attack is the surest form of defense. it followed logically, if you decapitate the orc in front of you, then you won’t need to parry his blow.

Of course, he knew it was all useless. He would die, but would make such an end as to be as worthy of a lay that would rival that of Beren.

The adrenaline of battle began to run through his veins, the desire to kill crept over him, and heedless of any defence, he began wantonly slaying, so much so that the orcs scattered to get out of his.

Suddenly, a blow smote him full on the back of his head. He spun round and slashed his opponent through with his sword. Another blow fell on him from behind, and he felt himself falling face first. He saw the wet, red ground rush up to meet him, heard the victorious cheers of the orcs, and all went black.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:31 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
THe battle had quickly gone against Huor’ men...the orcs where countless..and now the dragons, foul lizards, were upon the company.
Huor had his few hem fall back with Finalfyn to a small uprising, there the struck down at the onrushing horde..then Finalfyn charged madly into the orc host, his few elves behind him, they were all struck down.

Huor looked at his men, only 12 remained, all wounded and near-exhausted...

How could this happen? What have we done to anger the Valar so?
With that Huor dropped his weapon and ordered his men to do the same..
The orces the surrounded them and bound them with foul-smelling cords, stripped them of their armor and weapons and marched them into the very territory that Huor had planned on exploring.

Ironic how we should be lend to the very lands we wanted to see, not as explorers, but as slave
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:31 pm
A sharp jolt woke Finalfyn. They were on top of a mountain. Finalfyn turned and saw his friends everywhere, bound hand and foot, and realized that he too was bound. This was not the fate he had envisioned. Had he been spared simply to be killed through torture and whatever cruel means the foul race of orcs could contrive?

No. He had not. He would try to escape before they reached their destination.

Suddenly, a loud screech rent the air. The orcs began to cheer. Finalfyn looked up and saw a large fortress, with a smoke rising from it, hideously shaped gates and high walls. A foul reek struck him.

"Angband," Finalfyn thought. No, he would not be able to escape. He would be a prisoner, subject to death by torture.

Finalfyn, unable to restrain himself, let out a cry of anguish.

They had been captured, and would remain prisoners, until they met their death by torture.

"Our army is ready, Lord Morgoth, and battle-tested," said Sauron, entering the presence of Morgoth.

"Excellent," replied Morgoth.

RPG complete. Mod, please lock thread

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing