LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:25 pm
Lands:
Island x22

Artifacts:
Sensei’s Divining Top x2

Creatures:
Sage of Epityr x2
Sage Owl
Spiketail Hatchling
Spiketail Drakeling x2
Magus of the Future
Deep-Sea Kraken

Instants:
Unsummon x4
Muddle the Mixture x2
Remove Soul x2
Boomerang x2
Rune Snag x2
Telling Time
Cancel x3
Discombobulate x3
Logic Knot x2
Evacuation

Sorceries:
Forsee x2
Tidings
Reality Strobe

Enchantments:
Counterbalance x2

Kraken’s the finisher, because it’s the only thing I could find. Advice?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:26 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Craving strategy. If the idea is Counterbalance, then you NEED 4x Counterbalance and 4x Sensei’s Divining Top. Loose the creatures, except MAYBE Magus of the Future, packing only some finishers. Then, pack MORE finishers, cause if they kill it somehow, you’re doomed. I’d advise packing 4x Muddle the Mixture, since it can counter a LOT of the common threats in Extended, and adding in Isochron Scepter as a fail-safe measure. Switch Cancel for good ’ol Counterspell, PLEASE. Also, if you’re packing Isochron Scepter, a great card to imprint on it is Memory Lapse (even better than Counterspell), since it sets then back a turn each time you use it. Another fail-safe I’d add a few copies in is Spell Burst. Also, I’d pack 4x Force Spike, and more Evacuations, but ultimately, I’d advise you to go UB, makes the deck much more efficient, since you can lock them pretty fast, while also having access to Extirpate, Damnation and the very efficient Shadowmage Infiltrator, not to mention a myriad of tutor effects.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)