LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Legacy (Type 1.5)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:35 pm
--- description ---
A strategy that makes forests turn into killers...muahaha
--- end description ---

Sorry if I’m posting a lot, I’m just trying to find decks I like and see if I can work on building them, just getting started and getting used to the environment.

Here’s my idea.

60 cards

Pendelhaven
Treetop Village x 4
Gaea’s Cradle
Forest x 15
Dryad Arbor x 4
Miren, The Moaning Well

Abundance x 4
Earth Surge x 4
Fastbond x 4
Life and Limb x 4
Life Gift x 4
Blanchwood Armor x 4

Hunting Wilds x 4
Mwonvuli Acid-Moss x 2
Gaea’s Bounty x 4

The point here is to get tons of lands into play, via Fastbond and Life Gift. One Fastbond + more than one Life Gift equals A LOT of life. Then, all your creatures explode with Blanchwood Armor and Earth Surge. Kill with said lands.

Miren is there in case you need life bad. Sacrifice a land with a couple Earth Surge out, that’s a lot of life. You can also easily hit really high life, especially with Life Gift out.

Oh yeah, Life and Limb is crucial.
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:46 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Ok, you need some SERIOUS work over formats... Laughing
Gaea’s Cradle is from Urza’s Saga, and that’s not Extended anymore, so it’s only good for Vintage or Legacy (and I can’t help there, too many cards I’m not familiar with). Also, Fastbond? FASTBOND? That’s, like, SOOO old Extended can’t even REMEMBER it! Wink
Also, NEVER run a deck with more than 60 cards. Seriously. YOu draw far too less cards in MtG than LotR to run a bigger deck, and even if your deck is designed to draw a lot, it’s because you need certain cards to win.
As I said before, Muraganda Petroglyphs is really cool with living lands, since they tend to not have abilities (unlike, say, Treetop Village). If you want to try a hand at it, I’d suggest trying in Standard, with the man-lands (the lands that turn into creatures, from 10th edition), with maybe Hunting Wilds OR Life and Limb as finishers. Pay attention to cards like Sylvan Scrying (can find ANY land, not only basic ones), and Vesuva (can copy a man-land, for instance).
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:15 pm
Ah, okay. Sorry. I thought extended was like expanded. It might be helpful if each forum had a guideline for deck-building formats, such as the one in the LotR forums...hint...hint...

You can move this.

But isn’t Lief and Limb an AWESOME card for this deck? Told you there was one out there...(and its standard legal too... Razz )
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:50 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Oh, NBarden, I’ve sorted out some cards to you, but decided on waiting you get back to your own home before sending, ’cause they may be held up for a couple of days. Also, I’ll send you a list to choose from, because when I sorted them out, I’ve ended up with a 40 centimeters stack of cards, which I have no plans on posting cause it would cost a lot, and never get there due to customs policy...
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:29 pm
Thanks! I’ll be home on Saturday, so you can send there.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Legacy (Type 1.5)