LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor?

5 (Best)  
96%
  [ 26 ]  96%

3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 27
Gandalf's Evil Twin
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:02 pm
Joined: 17 Jun 2007 Posts: 32 Location: Somewhere in the Field
Just X Ancient Blade and Secluded Homestead. Too good when combined with Gandalf’s Hat. Way too good. Mad
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:54 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Wow, Secluded Homestead...I never thought of that. That’s a crazy good combo with Ancient Blade. Practically infinite. Yeah, I think this card has real problems, but only because of the combo.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
LeoKula
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:20 am
I still don’t see the point in all the fuss about ancient blade... if you’re using it with the hat, then it’s a totally diferent thing because we’re talking about a big combo with a gandalf, his hat (you have to include 2 of’em to abuse it that much), gil-galad and ancient blade... Fine, it’s a good combo, but you’re using 4 cards for it, so what’s the problem?

Even with only Gil and the blade it’s a powerful combo but I don’t think it needs errata... it’s a very powerful card, what’s wrong about it? Enquea TOTO never got errata, cirdan, goblin hordes, gondor bowmen (almost zero cultural reinforcement, 0 cost!!) neither... all these cards are awesome, gnodor bowmen is even splashable in every deck with a gondor companion...

IMO you guys are overreacting about a cool ability... You need a deck that puts a lot of tokens to abuse it and that leaves you with some limitations like including some conditions, 2 or 3 ancient blade, something to add tokens... it’s not like EVERY single elf deck out there will clear the minions left in the regroup phase...

I think that if you build a deck around a card and that gets you an awesome combo, that’s ok. The problem is when you need very few to make something over and over and make that a negative playing experience.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:57 pm
this guy is pritty sweet but itt would have been nice to hav some kind of wounding ability yy on him personally i will take my gilgalad elven high king over this guy but this guy does have alkot more potentielllk i just like the idea of wounding minnion in thwe regrou
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit