LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
thonnas7
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:47 pm
Ring-bearer: 2

Frodo, Son of Drogo
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

Starting Fellowship: 2

Gimli, Lockbearer
Legolas, Dauntless Hunter

Fellowship: [35] + Starting

x2 Aragorn, Wingfoot
x2 Merry, Learned Guide
x2 Pippin, Wooly-footed Rascal

x2 Knife of the Galadhrim
x2 Sting
x2 Elven Rope
x1 Gift of the Evenstar, Blessed Light

x2 Forth the Three Hunters
x2 Final Count
x2 My Axe Is Notched

x4 Khazad Ai-menu
x4 Trust
x4 Knocked On the Head
x2 An Able Guide
x2 Tidings of Erebor

Shadow: [37]

x4 Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight
x3 Morgul Brawler
x2 Ulaire Nelya, Ringwriath in Twilight
x2 The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul
x2 Ulaire Otsea, Ringwraith in Twilight

x3 Nazgul Sword
x3 Ring of Asperity
x2 Ring of Rancor

x4 Blade Tip
x3 A Shadow Rises

x4 Resistance Becomes Unbearable
x3 In the Ringwraith’s Wake
x2 Wraith-world

Any suggestions?
Last edited by thonnas7 on Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:59 am
Strat for Shadow? Seems like the Ring-bearer is turning into a lamentable pincushion, but I’m not sure how high a priority corruption actually is for you.

If you’re going for dedicated Twilight Nazgul corruption, I’d suggest running 4x LotN and 4x Wraith-world, as well as His Terrible Servants to protect against archery decks (you’ll really have to slim down your deck, though). Be able to hit hard when the Ring-bearer puts on the Ring, because against some decks even the Witch-king with his sword and mount will have trouble winning a skirmish.

For "casual" corruption where it’s more in line with beatdown, I’d run Nazgul Sword and switch twilight Enquea to Lieutenant of Morgul. Again run 4x LotN, but you could probably switch twilight Otsea and Morgul Brawler to normal beatdown Nazguls of your choice.

Although the first thing I thought of--and don’t laugh!--is that Return to Its Master would be nasty in this deck. A dedicated RtIM deck would be really risky, but a random copy as a surprise might win you games. Twisted Evil
thonnas7
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:29 pm
The strategy is actually to wound the ringbearer up a lot and then force the free peoples player to choose between wearing the One Ring, etc. and taking more burdens.

Is that what you meant by beatdown?
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:16 am
Sort of... it’s more like if you have anything special planned after you’ve made the Ring-bearer wear the Ring. Let me try to explain better.

IMO a dedicated Twilight Nazgul corruption deck simply doesn’t have room for half-hearted burden adders like In the Ringwraith’s Wake or Blade Tip, or minions like Morgul Brawler which don’t really contribute to corruption.

First you need to make sure your Twilight Nazgul can win their skirmishes, then run heavy burden adders (Wraith World) and possibly recursion (Morgul Skulker), then meta cards to protect your Nazgul (His Terrible Servants). I expect you’ll be hitting around 30 cards at this point; go too high and you’ll start having trouble getting what you need at the right time.

The exception of course is if in your meta you don’t need to worry about running into a base 16 strength Durin, heavy archery, etc.--then those cards can be spent on other fun stuff and you can pretty much run whatever you like. ’Course as a reviewer I naturally have to assume the worst. Wink

In contrast, what I mean by beatdown is something that almost corrupts by accident. Your Twilight Nazgul will be constantly putting pressure on the Ring-bearer, but it’s not such a case of putting all your eggs in one basket. Burdens just lay on the hurt: Nelya RiT at 2, Nazgul Sword at 3, Toldea MoM at 4, Enquea at 5. You might not have as good a chance at corrupting, but if you can’t corrupt you can still smash the fellowship apart.

(Note: I’m only applying this to Twilight Nazgul-based builds, which IMO there’s a sharp enough divide to split into categories. For other corruption builds I’m definitely not the one to ask.)

So basically I wanted to make sure what you were really going for and suggest cards that could be of use in either decktype.
thonnas7
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:58 pm
I was leaning towards wounding, but your description of the corruption is intriguing me.

I’ll edit the deck after I play it a couple more times.
thonnas7
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:07 pm
Alright...

Spent the night at a friend’s house last night and played 3. soon to be four games with my deck.

Found that my mounts for my minions weren’t helping, as I hate discarding the cards from hands, so I’m adding the Nazgul Swords, like you suggested. Also I added a couple Wraith Worlds, because I’ve found the ring-bearer wearing the One Ring at least 3 times a game.

For the fellowship, I found my conditions (Shake Off the Shadow and Wish of Our Kinfolk) were useless. I’m adding more twilight choke; I added An Able Guide, Sting and Tidings of Erebor.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:39 am
But-but... Fell Beast is awesome in these decks! Sad Loads of wounds on the Ring-bearer if you can get LotN to win both skirmishes. Great card, and IMO at 0 cost it’s worth the discards.

Oh... you might also consider It Wants to be Found (spot a twilight Nazgul to add a burden). Nice straightforward way of bumping up to the magical number of burdens, whatever that may be for your deck.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open