LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Legacy (Type 1.5)
darkconstantine
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:19 pm
i call my deck the "black wings of hope." the highlight is my angelic blessing which can penetrate my current opponent’s defenses.

5 plains
4 abandoned outposts
8 swamp
1 mountain
1 shivan oasis
1 sulfur vent

1 angel of mercy
1 glimmering angel
1 aven riftwatcher
1 phyrexian reaper
1 trench wurm
1 augur of skulls
2 gravedigger
1 drudge reavers
1 drudge skeletons
1 sunscape apprentice
1 poultice sliver
1 prison barricade

4 angelic blessing
4 essence drain
2 assassinate
1 distress
1 recover
1 barrin’s spite
1 pain

2 squee’s embrace
2 contaminated bond
1 grave peril
1 armadillo cloak
1 feebleness
1 pacifism

1 strangling soot
1 holy day
1 orim’s touch
1 return to dust
1 defiling tears

my deck has little combat experience, and id like to know whats its chances against other decks out there. maybe you could suggest how else i can improve my deck.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:30 am
What would be really good is to cut down smoe swamps and put Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. That was, all your lands can tap for Black and whatever color they usually tap for. At very least, swap one for a Swamp. As such, running White and other colored lands, such as Plateau (since you’re in Legacy) would make lands that can tap for three colors of mana (always good to have Very Happy). Consider stuff like Godless Shrine as well, or lands like that.

Akroma, Angel of Wrath would be good for this deck. As would Angel of Retribution or anything that has first strike.

I don’t know enough about the game to offer anymore suggestions, as I’m kinda a newbie, but I’m sure F_M would have some great ideas.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:59 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I don’t know Legacy very much, but I’d say this is more of a casual/fun deck than a Legacy one. Legacy is all about power. Force of Will, old dual lands like Plateau or Bayou or Volcanic Island, Meddling Mage, Fastbond, Gush, Quirion Dryad, Black Lotus, Moxen, etc. Legacy decks can kill in about 4 turns, TOPS, and I have a serious problem seeing this deck winning in 4 turns, let alone surviving 4 turns against a Fish, Hightide, IGGy Pop, Threshold, etc. So, considering it as a casual deck (I can move it to the right place later it you want), it’s too "all over the place", you see, you have regenerating guys, discard, life-gain, anti-suspend (no one plays suspend in Legacy, why suspend Lotus Bloom or Ancestral Vision in a format you can simply play Black Lotus or Ancestral Recall?) evasion, even a lone Sliver! You see, you’re trying to do too much stuff at the same time. Try to narrow your deck, focus on a goal. For instance, do you want to win while keeping your opponent from playing via discard? Then pack Dark Ritual, Duress, Cabal Therapy, Vindicate, Gerrad’s Veredict, Hymn to Tourach, Hypnotic Specter, etc. Want to control the board? Play Crucible of Worlds, Wrath of God, Damnation and Armageddon. Want to beatdown? Play Dark Ritual (yeah, it’s that awesome), Hypnotic Specter, Nantuko Shade, Jotun Grunt, etc. Pick a path, and focus on it, stick with your strategy, while not being a slave to the theme. That’s the best piece of advice I can give you for now.
I don't like YOU.
darkconstantine
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:16 pm
ok. tnx. i guess dark ritual is quite a popular card. my opponent has two. i couldn’t help but wonder where he gets his mana. while i struggle with mine.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:39 am
If you’re having problems with mana, by all means get 4 Black Lotus!

That is, if you have $4000 lying around.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:00 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Not really, it slipped past my guard that this is meant to be Legacy, and Legacy allows no P9s. Even in Vintage they’re restricted, meaning, one per deck of each, maximum. So it’s only about, what? 1200 dollars, for a Black Lotus + Mox Jet.
I don't like YOU.
darkconstantine
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:24 pm
aw! i think ill stick with my deck for the meantime.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Legacy (Type 1.5)