LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
42%
  [ 3 ]  42%

57%
  [ 4 ]  57%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:40 pm
Nice article. I’ll give it a 5.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:31 am
sperzdechly wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy, Beyo -> If you give less than 5, it would be appropriate to write what improvement do you suggest. Whole idea of this contest is to improve our writing skills, doesn’t it?

I agree with dominator and sickofpalantirs; both decks are too dependent on twilight. Otherwise, a great article!
I had to put something here.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:48 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
First thing to mention: this is really a deck comparing Mauhúr to its Hunters counterpart, the Aragorn deck. So even if this deck is somewhat flawed, remember that it’s just a starter. And I say it’s better than the unfocused, scattered Aragorn deck. It has far less scattered sites and cards.
donimator wrote:
A couple of things I dislike about this deck is its poor cycling. Both the Free Peoples and Shadow side are heavily dependent on twilight, enough so it gets in the way of strategy. Rohan can be hurt a bit by possession removal - it is unlikely all Rider’s Mounts will be out before one is discarded or the companion killed, so Haleth, son of Hama’s ability to prevent this never kicks in. An inclusion of eomer, Skilled Tactician would help with some possession retrieval.

True, but Eomer’s luck of the draw. And how does this deck cycle worse than the Aragorn deck?
Quote:
The Uruk culture still just depends on playing lots of minions and they are not cheap. There is no hand extension or ability to play minions more cheaply, which will ultimately lead to a clogged hand if your opponent has any capacity to choke.

The Aragorn deck has just as many minions. And with starters, it’s harder to organize a deck specifically designed to choke. Aragorn is definitely not a choke starter, so you have nothing to worry about.
Quote:
This deck is rather one-dimensional and inflexible, more so than other starters. If things are going right for it can do well. But, it has little ability to adapt. Your suggestions for improvement certainly help, but overall I like the Aragorn deck better. Good article.

Ok, I’ll give you that the Aragorn deck is more flexible. Only problem is, it’s too flexible. There’s hardly any coherent goal to it. So here Mauhúr beats Aragorn.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest