LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Fellowship Block
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:13 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
The One of a Kind!

Well, since we haven’t quite got SB in LotR, this deck had to be prepared for ANYTHING, which explains the INSANE amount of cards in each culture. However, believe me or not, this deck IS playable, since it discards A LOT, and ALL Free Peoples cards simply come down as soon as you get them (if not, as soon as you get a Gandalf’s Cart, anyway), since you can also deposit what you won’t need right now at the Cart. With this, the Shadow is always packed with destructive cards, meaning you only have to play ONE minion to make them think twice about double-moving (so they must all be huge).

The Free Peoples:
Starting Fellowship:
Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer bearing The One Ring, Isildur’s Bane
Arwen, Daughter of Elrond
Gimli, Son of Gloin

Companions:
Aragorn, King in Exile
Sam, Son of Hamfast
Legolas, Greenleaf
Boromir, Son of Denethor
Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk x2

Possessions:
Gimli’s Battle Axe x2
Hand Axe
Dwarven Bracers
Gimli’s Helm x2
Gwemegil x2
Asfaloth x2
Armor x2
Ranger’s Sword x2
Flaming Brand x2
Aragorn’s Bow x2
Glamdring
Mithril-Coat
Sting x2
Gandalf’s Cart
Athelas x4

Conditions:
Endurance of Dwarves x3
The Tale of Gil-Galad
The Saga of Elendil
O Elbereth! Gilthoniel!
Betrayal of Isengard

The Shadow:
Minions:
The Witch-king, Lord of Angmar x4
Ulaire Cantea, Lieutenant of Dol Guldur x2
Ulaire Attea, Keeper of Dol Guldur x2
Ulaire Toldea, Messenger of Morgul x3
Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight x4

Possessions:
The Pale Blade x3
Morgul Blade x3
Nazgul Sword x4

Conditions:
Black Breath x4
Blade Tip x4
Wreathed in Shadow x2
Drawn to its Power x4

Events:
Relentless Charge x2
Stricken Dumb x2

Sites:
The Prancing Pony
Weatherhills
Ford of Bruinen
Eregion Hills
The Bridge of Khazad-Dum
Caras Galadhon
Anduin Confluence
Silverlode Banks
Summit of Amon Hen

Now, you’ll notice the lack of events (only 4 in the whole deck). This, with Gandalf’s Cart and the insane amount on conditions is what makes this deck playable, despite the number of cards. I won’t discuss strategy for now, just post what you think of it, and I can respond, but keep in mind that this is a FELLOWSHIP BLOCK DECK!
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:52 pm
Hey, Hazael, since I’ve gone through all the trouble of listing it, might as well give an opinion, playtest it in simulation, don’t know, just don’t leave me in the dark! I never played tournaments outside my area, so I’d like to have the opinions of more "seasoned" players...
I don't like YOU.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:55 pm
If you’re looking for seasoned players, try Phazanzar. Wink
I had to put something here.
Hazael
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:18 pm
its funny... I beat phazanzar most physical games, but online he kills me most games. IDK

let me take a lookc Think
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:32 pm
Maybe you could throw in a few copies of Might of Numenor for some extra healing.
I had to put something here.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:03 pm
Actually, by site 4 or so (since my Shadow stalls opponents GREATLY, I can move once from site 4, if needed), I won’t lose quite a lot of skirmishes, so Aragorn’s ability and the Athelas should be enough (unless I have to use Athelas to remove conditions, however, I don’t have a lot of problems winning against Nazguls...) to heal Arwen or Frodo, which might sustain some damage, specially Arwen, since she does not have a great vitality...
I don't like YOU.
Hazael
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:42 pm
Your fellowship is expensive for a LOTR block.

The fellowship goes great together. It’s the perfect example of a multi-culture strategy. It’s just that you may find it hard to handle the extremes... strength or swarm.

It will be able to handle any corruption or archery shadow sides very easily.
Uruk-Hai and Nazgul might be a problem though because your strengths are spread out among your companions. Most moria decks should not have a hard time overwhelming this deck either. Sting is good, but moria will have no trouble finding twilight with or without it.

If you find that spreading the strength around helps fight off swarm, and that the armor and helm work for strength minions, then cool. It just looks like frodo wont be able to handle the swarm.

You might want to take out the strength bonuses for one of the companions and use him only for uruk-hai damage +1 minions. Like a gimli’s helm or armor strategy. Then, use the extra cards for more pumps on the others. Damage +1 abilities are the only way to go when your main goal is to win skirmishes. The archery helps too.
You should include something else for swarm too. Sam will not help with this if he only has 3 strength.... he will be overwhelmed before frodo.

Your shadow owns.
Up All Night Productions
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:31 pm
Sam is only here as a burden removal (he can remove 3, and maybe more, ir Aragorn keeps healing him), and to steer off big creatures without a terrible loss (since I can move only once, ’cause my shadow will hold them off). As for damage +1, Arwen is Damage +1, and so Is Aragorn and sometimes (when I can find Glamdring) Gandalf. Gimli is damage +2! Also, with Greenleaf, Aragorn’s bow on a HUGE aragorn, and Boromir, I have NEVER been swarmed before. Even my own swarms deck (one of the best ever assembled here) couldn’t do it, and that’s why I switched shadows for a Troll deck (yeah, in block 1 I was able to build it, I’ll post the shadow sometime, I think), and later for a Nazgul deck(my dream-deck since I started playing, back when Mines of Moria was still in pre-release...). Oh, and thanks for the compliment on the shadow side, I’m really proud of it, it won A LOT of games for me, even when the meta in my area simply became "beat Musco’s deck"... hehehe (and believe me, even against this meta my Fellowship won me a lot of matches, too)
In resume, just can’t see how I could get swarmed. However, I had an Uruk-hai Shadow side which game my Fellowship a headache, but I still won most of the times by Shadow. I’ll post my other deck here some other time, I had an "Evasion" deck, where my biggest companion was Frodo, IN BLOCK ONE! Pretty cool to play with, too, full of combos, lots of abilities, required a tuned technique to run, but SO funny!
I don't like YOU.
Hazael
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:53 pm
Moria would still be your biggest problem. I don’t know what swarm decks you’ve been playing, but our meta would end the game fast with a good swarm.

Also,
84 cards is WAY TOO MUCH. I would definately suggest finding some cards to toss. Maybe the athelas x4 and betrayal of isengard definately. That will help it out a bunch.
Up All Night Productions
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:58 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Hazael wrote:

Also,
84 cards is WAY TOO MUCH. I would definately suggest finding some cards to toss. Maybe the athelas x4 and betrayal of isengard definately. That will help it out a bunch.

he said he needed the athelas for healign though didn’t he?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Fellowship Block