LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:19 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
In BL I have noticed that rohan really likes the new token strategy.
Getting right to the point their new condition Wind Swept Homestead may look at first like it has little or no use to it, but after you look at the horses...

Firefoot, Mearas of the Mark gives eomer a strength bonus which is very much different from the average little pony of Rohan, but that is not the end of this horses great abilities, if need be he can pull two tokens off of the amazingly endless condition Wind Swept Homested making Eomer defender+1 to help with those problematic swarms.

Snowmane, Noble Mearas also breaks the norm for rohirrum mounts with a strenght and resistance bonus.
Pretend with me that your playing a game against your Arch Nemesis and he pulls out The Balrog, Terror of Flame and Shadow, your great king Theoden is a 13 strength 6 vitality beast (Herugrim, Harken to Me, Snowmane, Bow, Coif) You assign the balrog to your valiant king and start the skirmish. The first effect you use is to remove two tokens and exaust the balrog, then you can simply roemove tokens from the uncommon condition We Left None Alive untill the balrog doesnt seem so large anymore.

With all the new Reinforcement abilities with Rohan cards like We Left None alive can prove to be a very formidable weapon.

As time goes on The Great And Powerfull D. (thats Decipher if you didnt know) continues to show a nack for creating new ways of continueing to make this game a more fun time to wa... spend your time:D. So Cheers to you D. and keep us the good work.

~Josiah
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
JDRobinson
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:45 pm
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Warner Robins, GA - USA
Rohan is one of my favorite cultures. They have always been strong. Good point with the Balrog and Theoden Very Happy They have gotten even better with BL. Mr. Green
"Quenuvalye i lamber Eldareva"

-Thou canst speak the tongues of the Elves.
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:38 pm
so far everyone just thinks rohan is okay
~OR~
Everyone just likes the Matrix Laughing
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
david_robertson
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:11 am
I like the Matrix, but I'll vote yes Wink Rohan has never been my favorite culture, but it's growing more and more stronger!
East Stirling FC RULES!!!
Grashopper
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:16 am
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 44 Location: Schalbruch, Germany
Condition removal was always rohan's problem (they didn't have any), with Pallando they make actually make a move into the upper echelon, but I still think they still fall short of top-tier status. Some of the combos are simply too hard to pull off consistently..
Check out this Online Strategy TCG:
StarChamber
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:03 pm
yes but they can and most of the time are very fun
i cant wait to get all the new stuff Twisted Evil
eomer_14
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:29 pm
Quote:
Is Rohan A Viable Strategy Now?

i dont ever rember it not being a viable stratagy. ive always done exedingly well with rohan. about the only thing they dont do well against is corruption
"I will carry a cross and song where i don't belong"
--Switchfoot

"Words that You didn't say were haunting these pages
Faces You didn't make were all I was seeing
The way that they painted You wasn't a picture
of one in control - and I don't think they know who you are"
--Mainstay
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:07 pm
in the past everyone i have talked to says that it isnt a viable strategy
i ve allways done good with it
its all perspective i guess

~josiah
Cobra
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:50 am
Rohan is a tournament-worthy culture even without the new token cards -- which I don't even like all that much, unless I'm missing something. Smile I personally like pairing Rohan with Gandalf (Leader of the Company, of course) for mass condition and burden removal, since those are Rohan's weaknesses.

Of course, given the choice, I had to vote "There is no spoon." Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
solis
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:54 pm
I think rohan was good around RotK/SoG when threathnazguls was topping. but they just hadnt the vit or the str to win every skirmish/able to lose enough;P

But now with the javelin, lady of ithilien and sword rack they have a mighty fine archery deck:) My friend showed it to me and it really is good(playing 9 companions)

Frodo and merry to pull that shadowplay, thats just mad, and of course merrys sword
6 fine rohan guards and smeagol takes care of the fould beasts:P (eomer, eowyn,theoden,theodred(movelimit!), aldred(the 1 twicost companion and that immortal fierce companion that lacks an eye;))

theoden eomer blocks minions and eowyn cleares the table(if its needed)

Will see if I can get a deck list Very Happy
If you lose well at least know why.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion