LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
Cobra
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:33 pm
Just throwing this question out there, as it's been a while since I've played Magic: The Gathering and I wonder which decks are the best now. Smile
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
syndrome
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:15 pm
Green, especially after the kamigawa block.

With abilities to add mana, restore life, create mass amounts of monsters, having sheerly giant monsters...

The 30 card frog deck is nearly unstoppable, and the newer snake decks are super fun to play as well as being ridiculously strong... if played well.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
MTGPlayer
Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:53 am
I'd have to say blue and black Twisted Evil is coming back after what ive seen in Ravinca. But green and black looks good too.
Remember, it's never not good to learn grammar.

Current Decks: Affinity type 1.X
Upcoming Decks: Death Pits of Rath T2
bball365
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:57 pm
Green is definitly THE best color as of right now. With all the land search, creature pump, artifact and enchanment kill, and those huge creatures, its pretty clear why it is. Black is right behind it Tho
AceKing133
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:27 am
Actually, no color is really "better" than any other. All that is usually considered is which deck types and decklists are currently prominent in the metagame. Studying the top 8 decklists of major tournaments is a good way to figure which decks are currently successful. The latest major or semi-major tourney was States. Currenty, decks such as "Fungus Fire", "Rock", and "Flores Blue Control" are currently some of the more consistent decks.

For the link to the most recent States Top 8 Decklists:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgevent/champs05/welcome

Note: These decks are not for casual play. These decklists may contain expensive cards and are recommended only for serious players who want to consistenly win tournaments.
That's Poker Baby!
T2_Fr33K
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:57 pm
Yea... no color is better at everything, but I’ll tell you now these few things:

R/W is sick agro
MUC isn’t what it used to be
G/B or G/B/U is becoming common (and powerful) control recently
Battle of Wits seems good
Green has some crazy mana acceleration
Jitte is still rigged, but thats not color
R/W has lightning helix and red burn is pretty strong recently.

Hope that helps!
Osion
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:42 pm
Black is definitely the most versatile color, as it can sacrifice, pay life and competely obliterate itself to do anything it wants.

White’s Breath of Life --- Zombify
Blue’s Tutors --- Death Wish, Vampiric Tutor, Diabolic Tutor, Demonic Tutor
Red’s Land Destruction --- Sinkhole, Despoil
Green’s Mana Accel --- Dark Ritual, Sacrifice, Burnt Offering

White’s Life Gain --- Drain Life, Consume Spirit
Blue’s Card Draw --- Ambition’s Cost, Night’s Whisper, Infernal Contract
Red’s Haste --- Goryo’s Vengeance, Ichorid
Green’s Fat Creatures --- Kukosho, the Evening Star, Kuro, Pitlord, Ink-Eyes

Plus Black is the best at Creature Destruction and Discard

Black is the way to Go!

(team with white or green for artifact/enchantment destruction)
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:16 pm
Actually, Osion and I agreed yesterday night when we were drafting that green always ends up seeing play. At least in limited, all of the best decks play green. In constructed, I’d say white is the best right now as the dominant decks are:

U/R Control
R/G/W Agro
B/W Agro

Also:

G/B/U heartbeat
U/W Control (dovescape/Wog)
U/W agro (skies)

Nasically, I see 2/3 of all decks with white. For now...

when Isamaru ages out of standard (when the next block comes) it’ll be different. Right now white is good because of Isamaru, Savannah Lions (for agro) and wrath of god for control.
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:16 am
IMO white is one of the best colors.

Though black drains life and creates disorder of total life there are those white punish cards that prevent damage and gain life or redirect damage(e.g. shining shoal). Exclamation

white has also mass destruction(wrath of God, armaggedon, final punishment) and the ability vigilance shouldn’t be forgotten... Exclamation

Lifegain is also awful when good used because you stay longer in play than your opponent like to... especially with creatures like exalted angel or tuned creatures with paladin of prahv’s forecast-ability. Exclamation

White stops enemy creatures(faith’s fetters, pacifism etc.) and you can even kill creatures with the damage they’d deal to you. Exclamation

Many White creatures are flying and have first strike. Exclamation

White creatures are mostly soldier’s / knights that can communicate greatly with each other (see Auriok steelshaper) and you can pull off a jitte or other equipment with steelshaper’s gift as early as turn one. Exclamation

nevertheless it is wise to combine this with other colors... red makes it somehow more military(--> battlefield forge), blue more control-like, green more speedy and heavier and black makes it unpredictable(see all orzhov-cards). Exclamation

when you play white, you play on time and use mechanisms to stop or hinder your opponent which makes it great stuff!
mojo
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:08 pm
actually, there is not a better color then the rest. it all depends on your personal preferences. if you want no thinkking and a fast kill one would usually go with red. if you want land excel with uber creatures and life gain, you would go with green. white is more for stalling til you get your win condition( wrath of god, shining shoal, akarmoas revenge ect.) like decree of justice. With black on the other hand, its more of a drain life, creature/grave/hand hate with some big creatures. And blue is like mill, take control and use what ever ur opponent has against them. so therefore, as i stated earlier its all in how you play, i prefer to use green, black or red cause i like to use combo decks.

hope this helps
mojo

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion