LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:14 pm
Ok, Brian, here’s your Goblin avatar:

Mountain King RedRedRedRed

Legendary Creature - Goblin Avatar

You may remove 2 Goblins in your hand from the game rather than pay mountain king’s mana cost.

Haste

All Goblins have +2 / +2 and double strike.

As long as you control 3 or more other goblins, all goblins gain an additional +2/+0 and haste.

When Mountain King is put into your graveyard, return him back to play.

"Wagga-da war they declared, humm? okay-di dokey!"

3/3
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:21 pm
Or what about this one:

Voice of war WhiteWhiteWhiteWhite

legendary creature - Soldier avatar

Haste

Voice of war costs White less to pay for each soldier in play.
When Voice of war comes into play, gain control of all soldiers in play.
Soldiers you control gain +1/+1, first strike and haste.

"hear me, my brethren! Let us rage against dissension!"

2/3
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:31 pm
Okay, the idea about the avatar of death was a hard to kill assassin which would make sense even if your opponent possesses no killable creatures.

The Dragons are a symbol for red as like as goblins are, but dragons are very evil(if you ever come to play against my friend’s dragon deck, you’ll be surprised how fast they come to eat you... see e.g. kilnmouth dragon and bladewing the risen in combo with buried alive and any reanimation trick... when you have no blue mana in your deck and some counter spells, you’ll be Xss f Embarassed ked in this case. It is very impressive!).

Okay, but I must say I do not want to discuss much more about this because these all are dream cards, who tells a dream has to be fairly balanced when having a nightmare???
The decrees form Scourge are also not very good balanced, that might explain why I got three white but none of the others... Wink
BrianBoitano
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:12 pm
Wow, two more tasty avatars!
I think they are even more beastly than the original five; they’re even more playable!
The Mountain King is now the easiest to play, and I love his abilities. Exactly what flavor a goblin avatar should have. Goblins have never had double strike before, so I think maybe First Strike would be more flavorful, and his return to play is overpowered, I think return to hand (a la Squee, the bestest little goblin out there) would be better.
Mr. Green I love the quote, too, did you make that up yourself?

Voice of War is also easier to play than the original one it would replace, but maybe a bit too easy to play, what with so many 1-drop soldiers. I like the flavor of the ’gain control’ ability, plus it’s not too overpowered. Maybe Vigilance is a more in-flavor ability than haste for soldiers? Either way I love it.
Again, great flavor text! I would’ve chosen "mobilize" instead of "rage", but it still captures the spirit of the card.

Gosh, here I am all sounding like a budding Vorthos. Either way, good job with the new avatars. +1 GP Applause
"Not again" -Hans
Hello kind Sir or Madam, I am a polite sig virus. Please put me into your fine and dandy signature so that I might continue to replicate. Thank you for your time.
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:14 pm
I got another goblin for you:

Tuk- Tuk, Goblin Puncher Red

legendary creature - Goblin Berserker

Haste

Whenever Tuk-Tuk, Goblin Puncher blocks or becomes blocked, you may pay X. If you do, Tuk-Tuk deals X damage to that creature and to that creatures controller.That damage can’t be prevented.

"Tuk-Tuk loves boom-boom, humm?" - Mountain King

2/2

I think that this card could brong back Goblins as a very agressive and powerful race in Magic. Wizards won’t print such a card in thousand years.

nevertheless it would be a fine Isamaru - contrahent fast as speedy gonzales at a price of +5$ IMO! Arriba-arriba andalé!

Ensign Farsight White

Legendary creature - Soldier scout

Vigilance

White:eye of power gets +1/+1.

Whenever Eye of power deals combat damage to a player, you may search your library for a plains card and put it into play.

"I can find a way to victory." - Ensign Farsight

1/3
BrianBoitano
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:23 pm
I like the new creatures, but they aren’t very avatar-ey. I think you fudged the names on the last one, you wrote the name as Ensign Farsight, but the abilities refer to "Eye of Power" Wink
Sadly, I think you’re right. That goblin won’t be printed unless the CC was one higher, maybe even two.
Still, I like the abilities and flavor Applause
"Not again" -Hans
Hello kind Sir or Madam, I am a polite sig virus. Please put me into your fine and dandy signature so that I might continue to replicate. Thank you for your time.
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:56 pm
Whoops... yeah, I first thought I call him eye of power, but this was something too mystical for a soldier.

No, he were just fun creatures, no avatars.

I like the avatar of hope style, what about this ones here(not as good as the others IMO but a lot more funny):

creature - Avatar Elemental

If you control 5 or more mountains, avatar of rockslice costs 6 less to play.
Haste
Sacrifice a mountain: Avatar of Rockslice deals 3 damage to target creature or player plus 1 damage for each Mountain in your graveyard. Play this ability only any time you could play a sorcery.

At the Beginning of your upkeep, Avatar of Rockslice deals 1 damage to each creature and each player for each mountain in your graveyard.

People said that mountains were very dangerous those days...

5/5

Avatar of Crushing Fields 6WhiteWhiteWhite

creature - Avatar Spirit

If you control 5 or more plains ....
Vigilance
Sacrifice a plains: All plains become 2/2 white spirit soldier creatures until end of turn with:"This creature gets +1/+1 for each plains in your graveyard." They are still lands.

At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 2 life for each plains in your graveyard.

People said the fields gave them work until they gave work to the fields.
5/5

Creature - Avatar Wizard

If you control 5 or more islands...
Flying
Sacrifice an island: Counter target spell unless its controller pays 2 plus 2 for each island in your graveyard.

At the beginning of your upkeep you may draw a card for each island in your graveyard.

People said water is dangerous until those people drowned. Twisted Evil

5/5

Avatar of sickness 6BlackBlackBlack

creature - Avatar Zombie
if you control 5 or more swamp....
Fear
Sacrifice a swamp: target player loses 2 life plus 2 life for each swamp in your graveyard. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.

At the beginning of your upkeep target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn plus -1/-1 for each swamp in your graveyard.

People said the darkness hides evil until evil hid them.
5/5

Avatar of beasts 6GreenGreenGreen

creature - Avatar Troll
trample
If you control 5 forest...
Sacrifice a forest: Add two mana of any combination of colors to your mana pool plus one mana of any color for each forest in your graveyard.

At the beginning of your upkeep you may put two 1/1 green saproling creature tokens into play for each forest in your graveyard.

People said they endanger nature until nature endangered them.

5/5
Last edited by Memnarch Mastermind on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
BrianBoitano
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:05 pm
Wow, I like the new avatars!
Their "cheaper cost" clause is a little funny, though, because it seems that you would never pay the full 9 for any of these! Think Usually if you’re using one of these, you’re going mono-colored, so you’ll have 5 of the approprate basic, and they get worse when you go multi-colored, so it’s pretty much they cost RRR, BBB, etc in all cases they would be used. Reanimation is the exception, and if you’re reanimating the black one is the only one that would make sense (since using B to reanimate, then not having the appropriate land would be silly Razz).
Anyway, costs aside, I like their flavor and symmetry. This cycle is more balanced than the previous one. Bravo on the new ideas, you earn yet another GP for this thread! Wink
"Not again" -Hans
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:33 pm
I think I do not have to remind you of the dual lands... you can use this new line even three colored... I have a very powerful angel deck that’s WUR.

Until turn 6 I’ll have at least 5 plains out, but there any avatar would fit... they are too slow for many reasons, but is a control deck... Imagine the white avatar when having 5 plains out. WhiteWhiteWhite is not the problem to have then in turn 5, playing a Sunscour...whooosh. Blockers eliminated, and then it is kill time. I’d say on turn six(Sunscour) sacrifying a plains gives you at least 4 3/3 soldiers... Coming in for a 12-Punch.

Two colored with shocklands/duals, you will have 5 lands on turn five. I especially like the upkeep effects: gaining life, drawing cards, dealing damage, weaken creatures, token creation.... that would be enormous hard.

Thank you for the GP!
BrianBoitano
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:18 pm
You’re misinterpreting my point, and that is that you will probably never pay the original cost. I never said anything about them being hard to play; on the contrary, what I meant was that the way the "reduced casting cost" works, you’ll probably always get the discount. This is different from the Avatars you said you based these on, where the discount was very hard to get out.
"Not again" -Hans

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards