LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Cobra
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:15 am
35 cards:

Gollum, Stinker
Gollum, Vile Creature
Gollum, Mad Thing
Shelob, Her Ladyship x4

They Stole It x4
Promise Keeping x4
Slippery as Fishes x4
Fat One Wants It x2
Hidden Even From Her
Incited x2
Web x2

Captured By the Ring x4
We Must Have It x3
You’re a Liar and a Thief x2

So, this is my favorite shadow side. Cool It’s pretty simple, no real surprises if you’ve seen its kind before, but it’s the most solid deck I’ve ever played.

A few things that make this deck supremely cool:
    They Stole It with Promise Keeping will instantly kill a three-vitality companion (or a Shire companion). This counts as Gollum winning a skirmish.
    With Incited, you can play Liar/Thief every time Gollum wins a skirmish, and sometimes twice.
    Promise Keeping lets you place another exertion after each threat wound.

And, two important tips for pairing this with a Free Peoples side:
    Start Smeagol and run Saved From the Fire x4. You can burn Smeagol to pull your most important Gollum cards for a fast setup.
    Bid to go second, so you can play your Slippery-friendly site path. The deck gets even more nasty when Gollum can naturally win his skirmishes.

Finally, a tip for playing against this deck:
    Pack 3x Clever Hobbits. Laughing

Comments, suggestions, etc. are welcome. Smile
Last edited by Cobra on Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:18 am; edited 3 times in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
david_robertson
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:23 am
I am deeply impressed. I've seen before various types of Gollum Decks, but nothing so promising:) I think my Elves will have some problems with that. I used to have only one deck with Gollum, and it was some time ago, so I kinda missed the new brutal strategies with this Culture.
Congrats, Conor, the Shadow side looks great. Cool
East Stirling FC RULES!!!
Cobra
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:57 am
Yeah, Elves don't have much that slows Ninja Gollum down... and if it's Elf archery, the arrows just make Shelob bigger.

Unless you want to run Gandalf for mass condition removal, the only way I can think of for Elves to survive this deck would be a few copies of Clever Hobbits. But personally I hate to include "magic bullet" cards except as a last resort... Any other ideas? Smile
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
david_robertson
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:13 am
In my Deck there are three Company of Archers (the ultimate condition-removing Elven card), one Dismay our Enemies (pretty good vs minions with less strenght) and 4 Forearmed. With the Hadafang I can discard conditions too, and with the Elven Rope I can return Gollum o your hand at least one time:)
East Stirling FC RULES!!!
JDRobinson
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:59 am
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Warner Robins, GA - USA
Nice Shadow Conor. Smile Never liked playing against Gollum,Shelob decks. Your shadow looks very well structured. I would always be eaten alive by the well structured ones. Like Gollum said: She’s always hungry. She always needs to feed. Laughing Very nice.
"Quenuvalye i lamber Eldareva"

-Thou canst speak the tongues of the Elves.
dexterngo
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:55 pm
i have the same shadow side , trimmed to 34 cards to air it with my solo smeagol deck! Smile
JDRobinson
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:12 am
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Warner Robins, GA - USA
I had a solo smeagol deck a while back. I always liked the look on my friends faces. It was such a funny fellowship. Laughing
"Quenuvalye i lamber Eldareva"

-Thou canst speak the tongues of the Elves.
dexterngo
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:40 am
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 60 Location: Manila, Philippines
JDRobinson wrote:
I had a solo smeagol deck a while back. I always liked the look on my friends faces. It was such a funny fellowship. Laughing

especially when you overwhelm their Witchking or Cave Troll. that's a blast Laughing
Do or do not, there is no try
syndrome
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:45 pm
Nice deck ^_^

(on the tone of Solo Smeagol -- I'll be ordering the majority of my deck from here once I get the money and 2 cards come in stock Very Happy, I've always enjoyed the idea of using a small creature like smeagol to whoop up on the giants, such as the WitchKing.)
dexterngo
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:09 pm
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 60 Location: Manila, Philippines
with the upcoming rotation of Don't Look at Them and They Stole It?, do you still see a future for Smeagol and Ninja Gollum Decks in the Standard format?

what cards can replace them??
Do or do not, there is no try

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard