LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Hazael
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:48 pm
Faramir ring-bearer!

He actually holds the ring with his sword in the movie!
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:24 pm
What about Aragorn ringbearer?
Gametext: Aragorn is strength -1 and vitality -1 for each card borne by him.While wearing the One Ring Aragon is strenght +4 and cannot take more than one wound in each skirmish.If Aragorn dies you can play a Hobbit ringbearer from your discard pile to treansfer the One Ring to that Hobbit.Transfer all burdens to new bearer.

I thought of this idea because Aragorn wearing the ring was just a trap to allow Frodo to bring the ring to Mount Doom.So this sort of reveals the true bearer,and even if Aragorn and trhe company was killed in Mordor,the ring was out of resch of Sauron by that time.
What do u think? Razz
Hazael
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:39 pm
It would take allot of math Sad
Everytime you had a skirmish you would be doing allot of counting on your fingers lol.
..lets see... -1 for this -1 for this.... +4 for this... +2 for this -1 vitality for this and another -1 for this.

But I would sure love an Aragorn ring-bearer. Very Happy As long as he was a ranger!
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:15 pm
I don’t agree.There are many counts already present in the game.I am only thinking about alowing only freepeoples cards to effect strength and vitality.
Anyway I came up with this in a minute.
And he wouldn’t skirmish that often.It would be avoided,so you wouldn’t have to count it every site.
the feared
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:40 pm
dwarven_captin wrote:
I think it would be cool to have pippin or merry

WHy would Merry or Pippen be the ring berrers Gandolf would kill himself before he let peppen have it. And Merry is to weak to make it worth it. Merry streanth 3 vilanity 4 resestence 1. LOL
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:01 pm
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer wrote:
What about Aragorn ringbearer?
Gametext: Aragorn is strength -1 and vitality -1 for each card borne by him.While wearing the One Ring Aragon is strenght +4 and cannot take more than one wound in each skirmish.If Aragorn dies you can play a Hobbit ringbearer from your discard pile to treansfer the One Ring to that Hobbit.Transfer all burdens to new bearer.

Reasons why this would not work. With my old pessimistic viewpoint:

1) Alternate Ring-bearers have actually held or had some close connection or desire for the One Ring in the books or especially the movies.
2) Aragorn explicitly tells Frodo that he wont take the ring.
3) +4 strength is overdoing it. +1 maybe.
4) Why vitality -1?
5) Special abilities (ie cancel skirmishes) are not used on RBs, so wound reduction wont likely be happening.
6) There are no conditions, events, characters, sites etc... that allow you to switch RBs.
7) Also, the switching ability is too strong as minion wounding decks wouldn’t be able to kill 2 RBs effectively.
Cool ...

Hazael wrote:
As long as he was a ranger!

I doub’t they’d do that, no alternate ring-bearer has had any unbound keyword of any sort...

the feared wrote:
dwarven_captin wrote:
I think it would be cool to have pippin or merry

WHy would Merry or Pippen be the ring berrers Gandolf would kill himself before he let peppen have it. And Merry is to weak to make it worth it. Merry streanth 3 vilanity 4 resestence 1. LOL

Now, I’m going to be a big ol’ meanie.. first off, that was perty funny as Gandalf would probably kill himself before the "fool of a took" got the One Ring. Second, Merry’s normal card has resistance of 9, it wouldn’t be too far off from that if they made him a RB. And third, Merry and Pippin are the cornerstones of unbound hobbit decks. When you think of unbound hobbits, you think of Merry and Pippin. I doub’t they’d get the ring.
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:33 pm
To theOmnipotentOne:
1) & 2) : The idea is that Sauron thinks he is carrying the Ring,and when Aragorn is about to be overwhelmed, Frodo comes in.
4) : Vitality cause you don’t put cards on him.He should be much easier to kill than Isildur or Boromir.(i.e. if he puts Anduril that gives him only +1 strength,none vitality,so he is basically 7 3 companion)
6) there was Sam in the past.Now there isn’t,but Aragorn would have that text.
7) It would be very easy to overwhelm strenghth Frodo.Imagine your Aragorn dies in 2nd region.Even wounding decks rely on killing all companions and closing in to overwhelm the ringbearer.
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:24 pm
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer wrote:
To theOmnipotentOne:
1) & 2) : The idea is that Sauron thinks he is carrying the Ring,and when Aragorn is about to be overwhelmed, Frodo comes in.
4) : Vitality cause you don’t put cards on him.He should be much easier to kill than Isildur or Boromir.(i.e. if he puts Anduril that gives him only +1 strength,none vitality,so he is basically 7 3 companion)
6) there was Sam in the past.Now there isn’t,but Aragorn would have that text.
7) It would be very easy to overwhelm strenghth Frodo.Imagine your Aragorn dies in 2nd region.Even wounding decks rely on killing all companions and closing in to overwhelm the ringbearer.

There already are 2 Gondor RBs.
There are no cards with the text "vitality -1" only cards that have the vitality counter -1. An idea I would use is "While Aragorn bears the one ring, he cannot gain any strength bonuses from possessions he bears. At the start of each skirmish involving Aragorn, if he bears the one ring, exert him twice or add 3 burdens." Which would be similar to current ring-bearers.
There is still sam now, and the fact that Frodo can be easily overwhelmed was the fun part of old LOTR. Decks were focused around protecting the ringbearer, now decks are far too offensive and powerful with alt. ring-bearers. But then again, I shouldn’t talk, I use Gimli, BoG.
Switching the ring, if it ever happens other than the Frodo/Sam guys, should be a VERY VERY difficult thing to pull off, because otherwise there’d be cards eventually coming out that would focus on "Hot Potato" decks. In the movies, there is 1 ring-bearer, and sam holds it for a small period of time. That’s why his switching makes sense and others dont. Razz Cool
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:40 pm
I’m not pushing but I would like to clarify my idea.The thing is that Aragorn never really wears the ring.Frodo wears it and he is somewhere in the draw deck or discard. Razz Just like in the books.That’s why I would like something like that to be able to happen in the game.But Aragorn should be weaker than other ringbearers for that.
Maybe give him text:Each time he is asigned to a skirmish he is strength -2 and he must exert.Aragorn doesn’t gain strength bonuses from weapons. Rolling Eyes Wink
I really don’t want to think about it any more. Confused
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:20 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Maybe incorporate Tom Bombadil as a RB, but give him an action like Gandalf, Mithrandir(at least I think that’s the one), where he’s wounded when the fellowship moves? To show his reluctance to going somewhere besides the Old Forest.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion