LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Hunter Block
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:35 am
Hey,

Here’s a Rohirrim deck using only card from Hunters Block.

Fellowship (33)
Eomer, Horsemaster (starting)
Eowyn, Willing Fighter (starting)
Gamling, The Old
Haleth, Son of Hama
Rohirrim Soldier
Rohirrim Warrior
Rohirrim Doorwarden
Rohan Stable Master
Rohan Worker
Rider’s Mount x2
Horse of Great Stature x2
Rohirrim Axe x4
Eomer’s Spear, Trusty Weapon x2
Sturdy Shield x2
Brilliant Light x4
Grim Trophy x4
Last Days of My House x4

I only have one copy of each companion and follower included, because of LDoMH. You can use LDoMH to grab the companion or follower you need at the time.

Pretty much, all you have to do is play your possessions and win. Rohirrim Doorwarden will make your companions super-strong, and 8 skirmish events are included to make your companions win their skirmishes.

Thoughts?
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
fingolfin
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:10 am
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
I know Rohhirim, of the hordes of cards that you need, you should put in a haethen veteran fighter as he is invincible in fierce skirmises, another card you could use... unless you are playin a hunters deck I would use Riders spear and also I would use Fey he seemed, also you are not using Gamling, defender of the hornburg so I would put in one or two more mounts, but besides that this deck is much better than my my Rohhirim deck and I wish I had it.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:28 am
All those cards are not from Hunters block, so they are illegal for this format.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:26 pm
Wow. Shocked Very nice. But with the current demand for some hunters cards almost impossible to actually make. but still very good deck. I love rohan. It is second to elves in my heart. It is good that someone showed us the strength of rohan even through new series, and even with towers out.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:34 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
all oyu need si some simple possesion discarding and WHAM!!

fo course that is the problem with all rohan.

but if not hunters rohan you have swordthain adn sword rack.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:23 am
SoP, from what I can tell there are no Shadow cards in Hunters block that can discard my possessions, so there’s no worries for this deck.

Obviously, if I was playing Expanded or Standard, I would include Merry, Swordthain or Sword Rack, or maybe even Freely Across Our Land.

But the point remains: this deck is a Hunters deck, and does not need to worry about things that will only affect it in Standard format. If possession removal becomes a problem due to cards included in Rise of Saruman, I’ll include something like Our Inspiration.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:27 pm
fingolfin wrote:
I know Rohhirim, of the hordes of cards that you need, you should put in a haethen veteran fighter as he is invincible in fierce skirmises, another card you could use... unless you are playin a hunters deck I would use Riders spear and also I would use Fey he seemed, also you are not using Gamling, defender of the hornburg so I would put in one or two more mounts, but besides that this deck is much better than my my Rohhirim deck and I wish I had it.

yes, haethen, veteran fighter is a beast! a great addition to any rohan deck, also i appreciate it that someone stopped whining about how bad rohan was and actually made a good deck for them, kudos to you my friend, kudos to you!! Very Happy
Last edited by PorterTroll on Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Hunter Block