LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
dwarven_captin
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:21 am
Yesterday i was lookin at my dwarven deck and relized something. I have a site 1 that alows me to play gimli from my draw deck. I was think that instead of starting with linnar and gimli i would start Sam Brave something the sam alowsme to exert him twice to prevent a shadow card from adding burdens i think it is a good idea but any ways i want to start linnar and sam as my starting and then let my opponent go fisrt to alow me to play gimli.
What do you guys think?
Please Help i have no one to play lotr tcg with CRY
hblika
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:13 am
First of all, that site is site number 1, so you would have to start in order to get that site into play. The site in question is also only legal in block play, where Linnar is illegal...

Also, I'm really not too keen about using Sam in a Dwarven deck. When Son of Hamfast still was leagal to play, you could justify having him in any deck, since you could remove 3 burdens, than burn him. With this Sam you have to keep him alive in order to make use of his gametext. If you're playing in a corruption heavy meta, he *migh* be useful, but even then I'd consider other options.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
dwarven_captin
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:39 am
My friend sand i could care less whats illegal etc. but every one i play aginst a whole 3 people all use nazgul decks and try to use meanuver phase and regroup to kill him. But do you have a better option?
hblika
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:54 am
What kind of Nazgul decks are your firends playing?
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
dwarven_captin
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:19 am
One of my friends is using a burden nazgul and the other is a regroup discard to wound the ringbearer
im more worried about the burden though
Lord_Of_The_Wind
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:03 am
I think you should use Gimli as the RB and then use Linar and Durin III in the startng fellowship
Boromir
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:40 pm
Another option is using frodo resolute hobbit who has a resistance of 12 instead of ten.Also though i wouldn't recommend it since you have a dwarve deck but maybe since you needed one more guy is to put one elf instead of sam and put the phail of galdriel in your deck then you would have a 14 resistence once you played it.Hope this helps

-Boromir

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion