LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards
physcosick
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:44 am
I really like Muscos Zero card. I was playing a t1 fnm with this one guy... i wa splaying replenish and he was playing a psychatog combo deck involving zuran orb, curcible of worlds, fastbond, and wasteland/strip mine. I convinced him for both of us to mul down to 0 and play the whole game in top deck mode... but we both decided to do it some other time... aka when prizes aren’t involved. I’ve always wanted to play a game like that.
The First
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:35 pm
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
Zor, Zur’s Evil Twin - 2BlueBlack
Legendary Creature - Evil Wizard

When Zor comes into play, destroy all permanents with "Zur" in the title in play. For each permanent destroyed this way, gain 5 life and each opponent loses 5 life.

3BlueBlack: Put a 0/4 legendary creature token into play named "Zur the Enlightened" under target opponent’s control and return Zor to owner’s hand. Any player may pay this ability.

Zor’s power is equal to (X*Z)/(1+Y) and his toughness is equal to (1+Y*Z)/(1+X) where X is the number of tapped lands you control, Y is the number of untapped lands you control and Z equals 1,667.
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:19 pm
methinks Z might be a little high.... try the cube root of 31.00627668 Very Happy might be a little more fair.
The First
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:05 am
La_Sin_Grail wrote:
methinks Z might be a little high.... try the cube root of 31.00627668 Very Happy might be a little more fair.

The thing is; either you have high power or high toughness. If you play other spells, his toughness will lessen and he will be easier to kill. Do the math. His stats won’t be that impressive (notice that I divide it).
Great minds bleed alike.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:19 am
Even with low toughness, power is too powerful. even if you have 5 land, one tapped and four not, he’s going to have enough power to deal lethal to ten players. That’s just way too good, no matter how vulnerable he is. Fists of ironwood FTW!

Plus, with abilities like that, he shouldn’t have even a body representative of his four mana cost.

EDIT: I calculate that you need over 100 untapped land to make him less than ten power...

unless by 1,667 you meant 1.667?
The First
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:19 am
La_Sin_Grail wrote:
Even with low toughness, power is too powerful. even if you have 5 land, one tapped and four not, he’s going to have enough power to deal lethal to ten players. That’s just way too good, no matter how vulnerable he is. Fists of ironwood FTW!

Plus, with abilities like that, he shouldn’t have even a body representative of his four mana cost.

EDIT: I calculate that you need over 100 untapped land to make him less than ten power...

unless by 1,667 you meant 1.667?

Euhm... I dunno how you people interpret . or , but I mean the the one that means a 166% (or 3 divided by two approximately).
Great minds bleed alike.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:39 am
Aha. Sorry about that, it’s a country thing. I would say that’s 1.667, not 1,667. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards