LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
Cobra
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:22 pm
To help kick off the new specialized Deck Clinics, I’d like to see some articles about each MTG tournament format. So, during August and September, if you write an article of this type and it wins 1st or 2nd place that month, you’ll get an extra $5 store credit added to your prize. Very Happy

Here are some possible questions for authors to think about...

- What are the rules for this format?

- Why might players choose this format over the others available?

- What are the dominant decktypes in this format, and why?

- What decktypes are weak in this format, and why?

- What are some options for fun, "rogue" decks?

- If there are sealed deck tournaments, what are they like?

- If there are banned or restricted cards, why are they banned or restricted?

Cheers, Cheers
Cobra

P.S. -- To answer a recurring question, I realize that there’s not much interest in the older limited/block formats, and these may be removed in the future. However, if there’s any interest at all, those deck clinics could be worth having as they’ll give Cobra Cards something that most sites don’t offer! For that reason they’ll be left in place for now, and articles on these older formats are welcome if you have experience with them.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
physcosick
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:32 pm
Good idea, cobra.....

I CALL EXTENDED!!!!!!!!! Dancing
physcosick
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:40 am
WOW... I have been working on the article for several hours and I have just finished page 6 on Word using 10 size font. I have a couple more pages to go! This is going to be a good one! I better get something for my efforts, lol *hint**hint*Laughing .

@Cobra: If you like my extended article, I could write one for each format if you’d like but I’m working hard on this thing so I will have to wait to see how it goes. If this article gets me paid, than I will write another one. But I can’t write these if I’m not going to be getting any cards from them. It’s really good though and hopefully we can both be benefitted: you get good articles for each format and I get cards Mr. Green .

I do have other plans for future articles, however, so I will see what happens I might go with them or I may write some more format articles. I’ll probably be finished with it tomorrow and I might be able to get it posted by tomorrow night after rereading and editting. Hopefully everyone likes it! I’m working really hard Think and trying to do my best Brick wall !

Dancing

Edit: PAGE 10 and going hard! Oh this is going to be a good "welcome back to the article contest, physcosick" article, lol.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:32 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Scouting for votes already? Shame on you... Shame on you
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:13 pm
What do u mean? I’m not trying to get votes, I’m just stating a fact that I’ve been writing a lot.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:32 pm
I’m just kidding, physco! It’ll be fun to read from you again. I think I’ll write some "other format" articles myself, after all, I’ve designed a very nice deck that’s about to rotate out. Might as well make it into expanded or something.
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:05 pm
If more than one person is going to write the articles (which is perfectly fine by me, i could care less, less work for me) than I think we should all have the same set up. I have a nice organization and set up with mine.

What is going to happen with these articles? Are they going to be stickied in the deck clinic for the appropriate format? In that case, they should all be organized the same way so they all aren’t different.

Of course we can figure out the specifics later on when the time is need... for now I guess we can just get it written and than adjust them later if needed. I just want to know your plans, cobra? Cool
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:12 pm
Well, taking by the comments from Cobra himself, and from some other readers to one of my latest articles, I don’t think my set up is going to be a problem... And btw, why do ALL your responses sound, to say the least, "harsh"? You could just have said what you wanted about the format, you didn’t HAVE to state that "you couldn’t (btw, you’ve written it wrong) care less", it’s just plain offensive, IMO. I mean, I didn’t see anyone throw a rock at you for nothing, and you always give an "inresponse-ish" answer. Get a grip! You sound like you’re are the only Island of good thinking in a sea of rubbish, or that you’re in some way superior to the other members. Although I really don’t care AT ALL, some people might. Just my two cents.
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:59 pm
What I was saying is that I told cobra early that if he liked my article that I could write more if he wanted me to. And than you volunteered, so I said, i didn’t care if anyone else wanted to do some, too. Even though my internet-self is rather sarcastic and arrogant, I didn’t think that particular post was portraying those characteristics. I was just simply stating that after the contest, and while we are getting everything together to sticky them, we should make the organization look identical so it’s a little less random and looks better. I wasn’t even thinking about your articles and the organization of them, I just think we should have a similar stlye so they are identical for the deck clinic. Perhaps I worded it wrong or perhaps it was misinterpeted... maybe both, idk... and I could care less Wink.

Oh and I don’t believe that you "really don’t care at all" because if you didn’t care, you wouldn’t have brought it up. Don’t take offense to anything I say. Usually on forums people just ignore my post, or they might read it and forget it, i dont know why. So since I can’t get regular convos or debates going I usually just entertain myself in other ways by having fun at other people’s expenses, but that is for the member’s lounge, I don’t think I was offensive but I guess it is how it was interpretted.

I’m not trying to make any enemies on here or anything, but everyone should realize that this is just the internet, just a forum about a game we play, have fun, and be stupid because if your not having fun, than what’s the point?

But once I can reconnect to my dial up (I’m writing this offline) I’m going to hit submit than go to your article(s) and see what kind of organization you have been using, to see how similar are styles are. I’m not going to change anything around yet on my article since I want to get it finished and posted asap. But we’ll eventually come to some decision once everything is ready. Hopefully our style is somewhat similar so there won’t be many changes needed for the future.

EDIT: Our organization is similar, there are a couple minor differences but it’s general the same idea.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:05 pm
Ok. I actually like arrogant jerks, they make fine additions to online groups! Wink (and also, it’s always fun to have a partner so we can make fun of elf lvr. Hehehehe)
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion